1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Jailed for trolling

Discussion in 'General' started by Unicorn, 13 Sep 2011.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Well... Wow... Wasn't expecting that! :D

@ All - What's the meme called that's basically someone with a surprised look on their face all the time, it usually says "Well, f**k..." when someone points something out like sp$nky just did... totally blanked on this one.

2. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

looks like he dun goofed and got backtraced

3. azzybish

azzybish What's a Dremel?

4. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Trololololololololololol

:D

5. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I find it hilarious he used his real facebook account, but now apparently you can get jailed for mean words across the internet.

6. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

its pathetic that we have lost the right to voice an opinion (no matter how vile )

7. Unicorn

Oh come on guys, an opinion? Mean words? Do either of you have children? Do you know how sick a joke what he did was? It's more than an opinion, it's serious abuse and it's cyber bullying. One of the young girls that he made comments about had taken her own life... It's people like him that contribute to young people committing suicide. What he did was wrong on a whole other scale compared to anything that Facebook or social media as a whole has seen before. They had to make an example of him.

8. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

You should always be held accountable for your words.

If you are encouraging racism/riots, if you are purposely hurting whole family's/comunities that are already greaving. At the end of the day NO-ONE has the right to deliberatly harm others, hate crime is still a crime.

He has been given the opportunity to voice an opinion, he abused that right, and now he has had the right taken away from him.

[​IMG]

With great power comes great responsibility.

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Guy was a dick, got what he deserved.

Frankly, I hate the currently popular theory that "trolls" are okay, or in any way acceptable. It's just people being dicks for the sake of being dicks.

The more people punished for that the better, as apparently their parents didn't teach them not to be abusive ****wits just "because it's the internet".

Assholes, the lot of them.

10. Juu

Juu Haters Gonna Hate [✓]

Sure it was pretty extreme what he was doing.. But cyber bullying? He wasn't aiming it at anyone directly well, anyone that could still read it
    He wasn't threatening violence in any way, it was just mean words

Who knows, maybe we'll live in a future akin to demolition man, with fines everytime we use profanity :sigh:

11. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Why ? You can if it was face to face too. The t**t deserved all he got and more.

mvagusta likes this.
  12. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

me'h folk are way to sensitive ...

Can't you just block someone who makes comment on social networks and have them banned or restricted ?

13. Unicorn

It was described as a "campaign of abuse" which is more than a few nasty comments. If I had a daughter who died tragically or committed suicide and someone started making jokes about it, I'd want him behind bars as well.

14. Canon

Canon Reformed

This. It's more the fact that people actually use the term 'trolling' where I come from it's called being an asshole and thinking it's funny, it's the reason nobody talks to you and you spend your days on message boards trying to be more disturbed and flippent than the last adolescent and contact people you don't know to abuse them because nobody else wants contact with you. Refer to my last post for big pappa jail bird affection :naughty:

15. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

**** him, to be honest. He knowingly made comments with the purpose of causing distress for the relatives of the deceased. Why doesn't he piss on their graves while he is at it?

No, think about it. The grave is in a public place, with the headstone constituting a publicly displayed memorial. Same thing as a Facebook page, no? Why not leave notes on them with comments like: "Glad the ugly **** is dead and has gone to hell"? It is only exercising your right to free speech, Rev. Phelps-style... Or would you possibly get done for desecration?

16. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

Jeremny vine, vyne whatever the ****? was funny today. I think his disscussions are more of a troll than this ****.

17. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

So posting smack talk on a facebook memorial page (however detestable it is) is justification for rape? What the **** is wrong with you!

18. Canon

Canon Reformed

No, it's justification for his arrest and me making jokes about the common place assumption that in a male prison environment homosexual relations happen, when did I mention consent or say it was a dead cert to happen?

Christ's sake.

19. Juu

Juu Haters Gonna Hate [✓]

Blasphemy. This deserves jailtime.

20. Canon

Canon Reformed

No, don't you remember, even if I spool hatred towards a religious group or individual, make a mockery of such things and abuse them we all have a freedom of speech card, that's how it works right?