1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Jehovah witnesses

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 29 Mar 2011.

1. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Couldn't resist sorry... :D

Jimbob94 likes this.
  2. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

I think the idea was to show me that there are young pretty JW girls that I might be able one day marry (it's like they hand selected the best two from their church, they were easy on the eye no doubt about it). Pretty transparent and odd, and I could not believe how the original callers and the girls that followed seemed to take all my dry humor as me being serious, even the ******** comments (which I did refer to as oral sex, but still).

And bless em, they didn't look offended or phased at the Xmas and Birthdays comments either, as if I was just some poor uninformed soul that needed saving.

Last edited: 1 Apr 2011
  3. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

I normally just cut them off and say "no thanks" and shut the door, the trick or treaters and carol singers are more of a problem if you don't give the little ***** something their probably put a brick through your window.

You know your in a rough area when the trick or treaters want fags !!

4. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

My daughter and I (separate households) have a habit of saying we're born again pagans or somesuch. They usually avoid the place for quite a while after that. ;)

5. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Give them fags... Fired out of a minigun.

6. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

Hehehehe :) Not allowed to do that in the UK unfortunately...

7. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I usually ask them what returns I see after investing in their pyramid scheme.

8. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Open door waring almost nothing to hide my dignity...They never came back.

Their propaganda makes me laugh though, a leaflet advocating eternal love and world peace with a depiction of a girl in the loving embrace of a grizzly bear. not to mention all their 'Intelligent' design ****..

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I don't think that they didn't get your jokes. I think they were just good at not biting. ;)

10. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

^ I would hope so too, given the subject of oral sex...

mjm25 likes this.
  11. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Maybe they just thought oral sex is some kind of German watersport, and you were dicussing holiday options within the church.

I'm not making a blanket statement here (before you jump on me for it, nexxo :p) but some of them really are that dense, especially the young ones. All presentation and practised speaking, and nothing rational going on upstairs.

Thankfully they're not all like that. If you'd made the oral sex joke at my regular JW visitor he'd probably just have chuckled, he's fairly sharp. (And no, I have no idea why he's a Jehovah's Witness, I spent the entirety of his last visit trying to work that out.)

12. walle

walle Minimodder

I've treated them like I would like to be treated myself.

Last edited: 3 Apr 2011
  13. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

Probably, but that just makes it all the more strange that they stuck out talking to me for so long. I guess as they no doubt get turned away at most of the houses they visit, they will simply try to talk to anyone that does not immediately dismiss them, even if they are being made fun of.

14. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

To be fair, the ones round here are really nice. Last time they came round I politely said I'm really not interested, then asked the guy where he got that amazing shirt.

It was a good shirt.

15. Xir

Xir Modder

Back in Holland, they used to come round on weekends at half past seven in the morning...regularly :grr:
    ...and they wonder why nobody likes them?

Here in east germany, let's just say that after 40 years of state-ordered atheis, most people aren't very religious.
    Had JW around twice last week (if I wanted to celebrate Jesus's death with them...huh.) First time in a decade though, must be new on the block :D

Mormons are different, for some reason, they've discovered east-Germany as a "trial-ground" for new missionaries.
    I've had a few longer talks with them, they say their church actually sends young males here for a year or so, to convert east germans.
    Nice folks really.
    Pointed out some flaws in their tactics.
    (hint, hey join us, you'll not be allowed to do *insert endless list*, is not very attractive) :D

What they don't do, however, is pester you at your door or at ungodly times. They're just...asking poitely when you walk past. :thumb:

"Sarcasm On"

Hah, try to mission a Catholic, that'l teach them.
    Convert or be shot, that's worked well for a couple of hundred years :D
    "Sarcasm Off"

16. saemilin

saemilin What's a Dremel?

You know, Jehova's witnesses are different all over the world. In Korea the girls who knock on my door are all super cute. I end up doing what ever they tell me to.... kkk ... before eventually pushing dawkins into their face.

17. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

As a former missionary ( mormon not JW ) I can tell you that I never wanted to talk to anyone before noon. Technically they aren't even supposed to be out before 9:30 or 10:00.
    I just can't fathom wanting to be up and moving about at that hour :eyebrow:

18. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Being in a third floor flat, when JW / salespeople want to come up, they have to press a buzzer from outside to get me to buzz them in the building. I tend to give the excuse "I'd love to come and chat, but I'm a little naked at the moment" - works like a charm.

That said, when I was living at my parents place a few years back, the last few JW I saw were generally civil and friendly. I remember when I was originally wiring up the rear speakers in the car, the guy came along, said he could see I was busy, and just asked if he could drop a leaflet in the car.

Before that we did have the 'thou will go to hell' variety. Fortunately my choice of clothing / music was enough to make them go quickly, when I answered the door to them...

19. Sea Shadow

Sea Shadow aka "Panda"

I can second that. I usually tried to pass the morning/early afternoon by rendering service where possible. Whether it was volunteering at a food pantry or helping someone with their yard work, service was always fun to do.

20. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Did you open the door wearing a Jackass T-shirt holding a bass guitar and listening to Slayer (God hates us All album :D) and see the look of fear and terror on their face? Saw my best mate do this... endless lulz were had.