1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jetway MagicTwin Motherboard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Fly, 2 Jul 2004.

1. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

All this talk about dual this, dual that...

[​IMG]

2 PCs in one? Click on the pic for Jetway's dual mobo!

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

aww man, i was getting really excited expecting to see a motherboard with 2 complete motherboards on it, like 2 seperate systems :sigh:

its a great idea though, and maybe now that jetway have got one of these out a higher-end motherboard manufacturere may follow suit and possibly offer a better solution

3. PsychoI3oy

PsychoI3oy Minimodder

wouldn't this be possible with linux without any special motherboard? Linux is and always has been natively multiuser, and I know dualheaded graphics is doable with X.

It might take some kernel hacking to make it work but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible with a normal motherboard, not to mention you'd never have the licencing issues.

Then again, a single application server and several (dumb) terminals would also be cheaper than a farm of single desktops, and possibly cheaper than a bunch of dual desktops.

Just my $.02US

4. Jedi

Jedi What's a Dremel?

where do the two sets of keyboard and mouse plug into???

/me is not a great fan of Jetway anyways

5. Fly

[​IMG]

:)

6. Jedi

Jedi What's a Dremel?

i am blind, sooo very blind :wallbash:

7. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

Litlle mister paperclip would surely have picked up on that awful use of commas :p

Nice review of a slightly odd product... I think I can confidently say that I won't be buying one and I would doubt many bit-techers will. Could be excellent for schools and the like though?

On a side note I'm sure I have seen PCI cards that claim to perform all of these system sharing duties. Is this effectively just integrated into this board or is doing it at motherboard level more efficient somehow?

8. Fly

Good point on the punctuation, although I don't remember the paperclip actually detecting it. I have corrected it now. :)

I have seen the PCI cards you mention, the name slips by me though. As for the Jetway, I was never really told how it works, just that it does. I suppose they don't want anyone to copy their idea.

9. mobius9

mobius9 Minimodder

Tags: Add Tags