1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News JMicron 612 SSD Controller to feature cache

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 May 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'll wait for reviews but from what I can see the major difference are a couple more circuits on the top left.
    SSD is not an option for me at the moment but I think it'll become one before Christmas.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's not a picture of the 612 sorry - it's the old 602. I'll change the caption.

4. B3CK

B3CK New Member

Any idea on what intel's controlloer cost? For comparison reasons only.
    So this controller will command a wider range of memory, and fixes the stuttering, but how much faster should it be? Am looking for an educated guess here, as I don't have an ssd yet, but the ocz review last week(?) has me chomping at the bit for a couple of the smaller size ones. I just don't want to shell out the "hard earned cash" on it if replacements are coming in less than a year that fixes the bugs and improves the price per Gb.

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I was wondering why they looked almost identical.

Thanks for pointing that out, Bindi. :thumb:

6. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I just hope that the dropping cost of SSDs will someday soon (christmas?) bring them down to the point of being somewhat competitive with HDDs. The less problems the better.

Tags: Add Tags