1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Jobs wants DRM-free online music shake-up

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 7 Feb 2007.

1. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

OMG :p

Wow.. this is really surprising. The only reason I don't own buy music only is DRM. If they stop using DRM I might actually buy an iPod :D:D

-ed out

2. rupbert

rupbert New Member

Now if Bill Gates had launched the Zune without DRM, it could well have been an iPod killer...

3. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

I might start buying music if they get rid of DRM, but then agian why change a habit of a life time :p

I hate Ipods, well not Ipods but the way everyone talks about Ipods being the ONLY mp3 player, ive said it before on this forum, Creative to me is one of the best, if only they had marketed theres better!

I own a Creative DAP 20GB Jukebox, 6years old still going strong! Average use is 50hrs a week, come on ipod I challenge you to last that long! Surprisingly enough, never had to change the power adapter or HDD inside, the only thing I've done is paint the thing!

Lets stamp out DRM!!!!!! It is pointless!

4. TomH

TomH And like that... he was gone.

5. rupbert

rupbert New Member

6. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

7. speedfreek

speedfreek New Member

Yep, but I find ipods too ugly to buy. Creative players seem more damage resistant to me, but a mini sd card and my phone is all I need now.

If I could do whatever I wanted with my mp3s that I paid for then I wouldnt have too much to complain about, but I wont pay for DRM.

8. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Does anyone else feel that this might be slightly inspired by the fact that half the EU is now pushing for an open standard on the iPod? By making this call, Jobs is making Big Music Businesses out to the baddies for propegating his monopoly in the music download arena.

However - I'm 110% behind the idea of DRM free music. If I buy something - that's it. It's mine to use where and on what device I want.

9. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

That's part of what the article Tom Hill linked said, so, yeah.

Tags: Add Tags