1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming John Woo's Stranglehold (PC)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 7 Oct 2007.

1. Mosey

Mosey What's a Dremel?

I'm quite surprised about the 'love it or hate it' response the game has got actually.

I rather enjoyed playing through it. I agree that it's bit repetitive, has an awful storyline and running Norton is a criminal offence but i derive a lot pleasure out of killing copious amounts of Chinese in different ways. It's a good follow on from the film, stylises HongKong action films well and is a fun game to play.

I think it suffers from the extremely good games that are surrounding it at the moment - which i am definitely not complaining about!

That being said, it's definitely worth a play to see if it's you thing or not.

2. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

i was looking forward to this game, untill i read the min specs.

anyone got $1500 they want to give me to upgrade?
    this is the first game that has made me realize exactly how aged my system really is. my tiny monitor usually makes up for the cpu/memory bottleneck i have. unfortunately, until tax time (if i'm really lucky) i can't spend that kind of money on myself. rent, power, and feeding kid / wife tend to come first.

3. Morphine-Kitty

Morphine-Kitty Dead account.

Blasphemy!

Well, I'm... urrhmmm... "borrowing" Hard Boiled right now, so I hope it's as amazing as it sounds. And by amazing, I mean one solid, badass gunfight.

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Hard Boiled is ok, goes down hill after the tea house and you can really get stuck with some action fatigue. I prefer The Killer or, for out and out action, Versus.

5. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Just played through the demo a couple of times.... reminds me exactly of a what 4 year old game, matrix. Which also got dull after you relised you could only really do a couple of things. Replace tequila time for concentration and its exactly the same, destructible envs, diving every time you hit the space bar and thats really the only move you need to know.

6. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

I am unable to set the resolution over 1024*768 on my 1600*1200 monitor, is anyone else having this problem?

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Hm, I've not had any problems...

Tags: Add Tags