1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Join bit-tech and your favourite modders at Campus Party Europe - Article now live!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Combatus, 8 Mar 2010.

1. HaoKi

HaoKi Lleno de anguilas!

Don't know about the tears, but I can assure everyone that blood and sweat have been sacrificed during the making of the mod... And modders have only been moderately injured during the making of the prize. :D

Nontheless we had a great time making the sign... Would have hoped to have a bit more time to actually work on it. :) Or maybe we should have started it earlier... Making the first cut last night was maybe a bit too late :D

I really need to get more active on the forums and actually post a project log here... I have just the thing waiting... Hmmmm..... :p

Mi aerodeslizador está lleno de anguilas! :rock:

2. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

I didn't said anything during the party. Well, I'll have some rest and then talk and post some photos (beware about the angry modder aka. Japala).

PS: Your spanish is getting better.

3. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

Vola vola? Si, senor! Somehow the party place looks so desolate with most of the people gone. Good luck to all of you leaving today.

4. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

and good luck to us too! 40 hour bus trip to look forward too:/

5. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

6. Raiden

Raiden Portuguese reviewer

Just arrived at Portugal, it was a fantastic experience , it was my first time at Campus , altough a few problems hapended, it was good to meet the faces behind some nicknames at Bit tech, i hope you can get to your homes soon...:thumb:

Maybe we can go all to Campus in Valencia this year:D

Some videos i did:

Hope you enjoy it:rock:

7. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

Wow, so many good moments... :p

Fiberglass resin smels sooooooooo good... I'm still seeing elephants flying in the sky.

Working!! Spanish way, one working and the others watching.

[​IMG]

Planning the modding contest trophy

[​IMG]

Beware!! The crazy modder!!!

[​IMG]

And the winner is... (MC is for Pope's choice)

[​IMG]

Did someone take a picture of the "Hammer Time" hammer??

8. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

p0Pe´s choice:hehe: think that belongs to another joke :hehe:

9. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

the mad/lucky ones are back @ home :D

after our horrible first trip to the party we had real luck on our way back....saved 5 hours so that we just arrived 1 hour ago....:thumb: (16 hours overall)

And now before i get something to eat and get some sleep i just wanted to say that it was such an awesome/crazy week i really feel blessed for this week and the chance to meet you all in the real world! The Best event i ever attented to!!! Thanks to all of you for this awesome experience!!!!!!!!!!! And i really hope that we all will meet again!!!

[​IMG]

aahhhh that makes a sense!!! @japala you really get us....
    @PHINIX Congratulation m8!!!!!!!!!(i haven´t voted....but it would be a hard decision between your cube and pope´s case)

10. vils

vils What's a Dremel?

I suppose most participants are sitting on a crowded bus right now, I don´t envy you.
    I´m still in Madrid trying to make the best of the situation.
    Those ashes have really complicated travels.
    Thanks to all the participants who made the exhibition as good as it was. I had a great time.

11. Raiden

Does anyone knows about the casemodings ??

When will they be send?

12. vils

vils What's a Dremel?

Monday morning, they´re sent already. Should be home in three or four days.

13. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

i brought mine on the bus:hehe:

just got home! after 37 hours in the bus:jawdrop:

i will upload some of my 600 pics when i wake up in a few days (the bus was horible to sleep in!)

but first of all, thank you all for an absolutely AWSOME experience! the coolest event i ever been too, and it was really fun to get a face on all the nicknames and talk with all of you!

would be fun if we could go next year too or summer!

:clap::dremel::rock::lol:

14. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Lucky you! The Finns have been sitting in a bus for 46 hours and still have another 22 to go :D I'm no longer sad I couldn't make it there :)

15. jegerjon

jegerjon What's a Dremel?

Jipa - you should be! It was an absolutely brilliant experience, it doesn't remind you of any other event at all, campus is pure win!

16. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Hi guys! I just came back home! After 22 hours on coach to Calais, then 1.5hours on ferry then 10 hours of waiting for a bus to Glasgow.. then 8 hours coach... return trip was awful, but as you all know and already said - this event we took part was AMAZING !!!! This was my first event like that and I loved it! It was so great to meet you all in person and all the time we had together, everything was so great, I have no words to describe how wonderful it was and how happy I am I could be a part of it. I hope we all can see each other again next year!

Also I wanted to thank you all again for this amazing price - this trofee is beautiful and will stand in my room forever:) I was shocked and so happy that I received this price, I will never forget this moment when you all were looking at me and I didn't know what the hell is going on, then I noticed the trofee on the Cube:D Huge surprise and honour, thank you guys!!!!

Last edited: 27 Jul 2010
  17. Antonio-CP

Antonio-CP What's a Dremel?

Hello guys!

First of all I wanted to apologize for not telling you goodbye personally to everyone of you. I was supposed to leave Madrid on Tuesday morning, but the national railways were on strike and they cancelled my train, so I had to rush to the station on Monday evening and try to find some way to get home.

I am extremely happy that you had a nice time at Campus Party Europe. I won't quote myself, but even when many of you were thinking you won't come, I still said that once you were back you would write here that you had a nice experience. I am so relieved it finally happened.

I tried my best to make the event enjoyable for all the modders who were brave enough to come to Madrid, even if they did not know exactly how Campus Party Europe was going to be. Of course, there are many things to improve, like reserving an indoor place for live modding (similar to that that overclockers had). Also, we will still try to say that Campus Party is not only a LanParty, but much, much more, and I am confident that the next time we hold a Campus Party in Europe, your experience and knowledge about the event will be really really helpful.

It was a real pleasure to meet you all. Really. I would have love to have some more time to sit and chat with you (apart from the late pizza dinner), but I was more busy that I could ever expect. Saturday should have been a pretty relaxed day if it was not for the Icelandic Volcano ashes. I know that the long bus trips to your countries should have been painful, but that was the best we could find, we really struggled to find buses and drivers that were available to drive crazy distances. You should have heard some terrific stories about 3.000€ taxis and people buying new cars to drive home because car rentals did not have any.

You may have already check this pictures, but here you have the links in case that any of you missed them:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/campuspartyeuropa
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelydixel/sets/72157623853101012/detail/
    http://blog.campus-party.eu/index.php/2010/04/17/espanol-las-noches-de-la-campus/ (pizza dinner)

Many of you and your computers appeared on national TV and newspapers. I will start collecting this information and try to send you links and videos.

Your computers are on its way. It will probably take 3/4 days to have them there. If they are not home by the end of the week, please write me so I can find out. Once the are back I will focus on Campus party Valencia. Which will be held in Valencia between July 27th and august the 1st. Website is not ready yet, but it is an expanded version of the Campus Party you know, but 3500 participants, and more workshops and conferences. Also, there will be a stage for modders only, and a modding competition! Some pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelydixel/sets/72157621907266450/detail/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/campusparty

The venue really looks great: Ciudad de las artes y las Ciencias.

[​IMG]

And it is on the very city center, which Caja Magica was not.

If there is any of you who may feel like coming, please drop me an email so I can give you more information.

Thanks for coming to Campus Party Europe. It has been a pleasure to meet you

Me and my crew are looking forward to meeting you again.

Antonio

Ps1: Those I met on Campus Party, please add me to you Facebook friends http://www.facebook.com/antonioluisdelrio or Linkedin Contacts http://es.linkedin.com/in/antonioluisdelrio

Ps2: To campuseros only: Pachi! ---> Eeeeels!

Last edited: 21 Apr 2010
  18. Raiden

Hi Antonio , as you said it was a great time , very different from other events , im very glad that i had the chance to go to Campus Europa and to meet all this different people in different areas , like robots , science and fo course modding, i agree when you say it could be better , because at the website we taged your specialities , and we couldn´t put it in practice almost , maybe next time invite some Portuguese overclockers , there are a few as well that got talent ;D

The time in the event just flew away so quickly , it was hard to see all the things that have been done there , like conferences and more, my computer just arrived yesterday so im happy too about it , im hoping that i can go to Valencia for another great experience in life , i learned a lot of techniques from Bit tech modders , hope we can go to Valencia for more fun :D

And of course to meet the city, we should have organized a city trip during day or nigth , it would be different..

I was wondering what Pachi means , i tougth it was Patchin.. thanks for clearing my mind.

Bit tech is the website with the best report of Campus, besides the Campus website, congratulations !:D

19. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

Well I'm home also, after a 25 hour busride and a 14,5 hour night of sleep at home :D It was really nice to meet all of you casemodders, although I'm sorry I wasn't always there. The pics prove it, I'm on none of them :eyebrow: I really want to thank Antonio and CPeurope for the nice time, the unique experience and ofcource the busride home :D

20. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

Good to see some of you back home, and hope the ones still travelling are back home soon.

Thanks to everyone who made the event a fantastic few days:thumb:

I met some great people out there and had a brilliant time :)

Even the 32 hour journey back will not change my memories of a superb event that i enjoyed every minute of.

I'll definately be going back next year, and maybe go to Valencia in a July/Aug if enough people from here are too.

Thanks for a great time, and hope to see some of you in the future :rock:

Mark