1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Jpeg onto a CD to play on DVD player

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by seagull, 16 Aug 2004.

1. seagull

seagull New Member

Hi All
    I just got back from honeymoon to Sri Lanka and took my snaps on a Digital Camera. I can plug my camera into my TV and look at my pics that way, but I thought I could save all my Jpeg snaps onto a CD and play them throgh my DVD player but it dont work!! The DVD player wont recognise the disc. Anyone know whether it possible and how I go about it? Obviously I have copied all my Pics onto my PC but I would really like to be able to show my pics through the tele. The TV and DVD player are Panasonic and the Camera is a Samsung that uses SmartMedia Memory cards.
    Anyone?????????
    All help given, will be appreciated from the top till the very last drop.
    Cheers :D

2. Renko

Renko New Member

I would take a look at the manual for the dvd player. It should tell you what types of cds it reads, how the pictures should be formatted to display them etc.

I have done this with my panasonic dvd player and as far as I recall it all worked smoothly with no special requirements.

Check especially that you closed the cd after you burnt it as this can cause most non computer cd drives to stumble. Something is niggling at the back of my mind that I did have problems because I didn't close the cd when I did it but I can't remember for sure.

If you're still having problems then I'll try it out myslef and let you know what happens.

edit: congratulations btw :D hope you and your wife(/husband) had a wonderfull time

3. seagull

seagull New Member

Hi Renko
    Thanks for that, I will try the closing of the CD as Im pretty sure I didnt do that. I will let you know what happens.
    Once again many thanks.
    Cheers Jaz
    PS My wife and I had a fantastic time. Sri Lanka was mind blowing!!!!

4. seagull

seagull New Member

Hi Renko
    I tried doing the CD again and finalized this time but the same thing happens, DVD player no comprendez. Doh! I will take up your other bit of advice and try and dig out the manual.
    I will keep you posted.
    Cheers Jaz