News Judge favours Activision in Romantics court case

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Dec 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

anything to try and force money out of a big company...bunch of w%$&*£s are the romantics...if you want more money in life, get off of your but and do something about it, i know, maybe make some more music rather than wasting a fortune on lawyers trying to get money from a games developer...losers imo!

3. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

How dare you make our song not sound like ****.

4. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

so much time and money is wasted due to greed and stupidity. If the cover is better than you, then practice and make your song better then.

5. quack

quack Minimodder

Absolutely the right call. What would be the point in making a cover version of the song for the game that sounded completely different?

The biggest point I want to make however is who the @#*& are The Romantics anyway? :)

6. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

lol...i totally agree, it would appear i'm not in touch with my 80's :rock: as much as i thought i was :confused:

7. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

That was probably the whole point of this court case, to give them publicity. It did seem a bit daft though! I think you would have more of a case if they did a rubbish cover. That said, I thought they were original recordings!:blush:

8. quack

quack Minimodder

Unfortunately it was all bad publicity. :)

9. zoot2boot

zoot2boot What's a Dremel?

i'm not sure i agree. if activision's song is that similar then they should be paying royalties. it doesn't sound like money grubbing at all, merely protecting their property.

10. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Ummm - I'm sure they already are. There's no mention of copyright infringement in this case so it all sounds above board. They're wouldn't be able to have the song in the game without forking out a few dollarbucks.

11. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Yeah - activision bought the rights to do a cover version of the song in the game from the Romantics. They then did a cover version of the song and, the moment the cover version became more popular than the original on iTunes, The Romantics started to sue and whinging about how it was 'too similar'. Allegedly.

Tags: Add Tags