1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jump Britain on ch 4

Discussion in 'General' started by Shippo, 6 Jan 2005.

1. Shippo

Shippo What's a Dremel?

Did anyone watch this. it was about Parkour, a kind of sport where you jump, run or climb on stuff. it was quite interesting, just watching the people in it junping off buildings onto walls then climbing down the wall. its just something i never would have thought about doing, but might give it a try after seeing this program.

Did anyone else watch this, what are your thoughts on this??

Shippo

2. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Just watched it, was the sequal to Jump London. I'm still 50/50 on this activity.

3. davew

davew What's a Dremel?

Doh missed it! I saw the first one 'Jump London' and would like to see some more. Hopefully it's repeated some time.

4. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

yes shippo!

i saw it, not bad, some of the atheliticism is awesome.

i like my idea of freestyle walking tho, me et a mate implemented it a while back. just like normal walking, just with jumps and skips.

yes, we're lame

5. Ricx

Ricx What's a Dremel?

Nice to see you getting in on the bit-tech action Paul :)

ps, I still owe you £5 for that pizza. Love stingebag.

6. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

I saw the jump london one, and this one it was bit too arty for my liking but there is no doubt the practineers are talented people. Shame I'm too old to try it out, crap im out of breathe climbing the stairs.

7. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Im quite into fre running, been doing it since I saw an episode of jackass a year or so back where they were jumping off high walls and down slopes (but i started small)

There's some awesome architecture around to play on in Norwich, the Uni alone is mad. Its such a fun sport tho you start looking at everything differently - how good itd be to run! :S Only wish there were some gym sessions going on around here :sigh:

Also the amount of people who are posting on the www.parkour.org.uk forums since the docu last nite has gone up loads! :D

Check out these if you wanna know more.

www.urbanfreeflow.com
    www.parkour.org.uk

pkuk has a county by county section of their boards so you can easily meetup with other runners :)

8. mushky

mushky gimme snails

The program tried to hard to be too arty and cool. The music and shots were making me cringe. Spoiled it really. It got boring towards the end.

9. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

I agree with ^, The best footage was watching them at the gym, when it came to actually doing the main feature it was to much "French Film" and to little skate vid, needed to be much simpler to be enjoyable.