1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a quick question about ranger

Discussion in 'Asus UK' started by stealth80, 16 Feb 2015.

1. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Hi,
    I purchased the Asus Maximus VII Ranger for my rig in December 2014, it worked fine for a while until I decided to use the AI suite and Mobo headers to control the PWM pump and fans for my water cooling loop. It is here that I started to see problems. On installing the AI suite I was greeted with a message that told me I needed to install the IMEI driver so I went to the Asus site and installed the driver.

On reboot everything seemed to work fine, until I went into the bios and made some changes, on restart I was greeted with the IMEI driver message again from AI suite. I checked the devices tabs and the IMEI wasn't listed at all, I was expecting "unknown device" with the ?.

I played around some more in the bios and searched the web and posted in the RoG forums (no help there at all), I even wiped and re-installed windows and installed drivers in a specific order but was still greeted with the same message. I figured that as there was no unknown devices in the devices list that it must be a detection issue and therefore related to the bios/imei firmware. I did a little more digging around but couldn't update the firmware as it required the driver to be installed to do so :wallbash:

I reset the CMOS and pulled the bios battery for a few minutes and loaded with defaults, now the devices were detected and I was able to install the driver. Back into bios, change overclock to XMP and restart, IMEI driver message again :wallbash:

So I reset the CMOS again, loaded defaults and this time no message (as expected by now) I updated the firmware for series 9 chipsets and it worked again on reboot.

As soon as I touch ANYTHING in the bios the imei device drops and windows doesn't recognise it. Ive spoken with my etailer about this and they are happy to test and RMA it but that is gonna take 6 - 7 weeks :rolleyes:

If it comes to that then I will do it, just wondering if anyone knows of a fix for this ?

Running latest bios, latest firmware and windows 8.1 64 bit

2. Jim - ASUS

Jim - ASUS What's a Dremel?

3. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

I suspected that would be the case, thanks