1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Just bought an EeePC 901 Black XP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Headspark, 12 Feb 2009.

1. Headspark

Headspark New Member

Just bought an EeePC 901 Black XP... it is awsome.
    I have ordered come corsair value memory for it to get that up. Also a SDHC card for it.

Can you increase the physical harddrive space easily, or fit another hdd inside?

Im also interested in GPS mods so i can use it on the road for navigation. Anyone got any open source ideas for this?

Any more simple mods im missing?!

Can fault it really, just info on the beb is pretty sketchy.

2. Undercloacker

Undercloacker AirFlow

Usually people dont go bigger on Small Laptops, they go better, i bought mine a 128GB SSD :p also remmmeber u only got one HD in it :p
    /need more space go External :p
    remmember that max mem on those lil Atom machines is 2GB

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

You can replace the SSD inside your EeePC. Try one of these (not cheap though).

4. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

The person you need to answer this is our resident eeePC wizard Langer. He's had a death in the family recently and hasn't been around much. PM him and tell him about your thread and questions. I've got 3 or 4 around but none modded yet.
    Very smart young man and will jump in when he can.

john

5. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

Langer is a really nice guy too, answered a few of my personal questions super quick and seemed 100% willing to help me in the future. So exactly what jhanlon said, hes a guru for sure and can definitely help you out.

6. Headspark

Headspark New Member

Thanks for your replays. I recently upgraded the memory. I wrote a guide if your interested. Will write for this site when i get a moment!

Netbook Memory Upgrade Guide

With regards to the SSD i need to know what the max capacity that can be fitted,
    Why currently is it 2 drives? Is one on the MOBO and the SSD that you can change is the 8gb drive?
    Is it just as simple as swapping it out and reinstalling?

Will contact the GURU!