1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Just bought my first (now second!!!) Vespa (pics)

Discussion in 'General' started by Lord_A, 9 Apr 2006.

1. riggs

riggs ^_^

:thumb:

2. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Active Member

Restoring an old Vespa is something I've been wanting to do for sometime. I'll be keeping my eye on this one :D

Oh, and question - will you be doing all the restoration yourself? Painting, etc. included? Or will you do most of it and get someone else to do the "difficult" stuff?

3. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

The plan so far is to do it all myself, just get stuck in and see what I can do.
    I've got an air compressor which I'm hoping will produce a decent paint job, if it turns out really bad then I'll have to take it to a pro.

These 2 are just the beginning, eventually I want to get my hands on one of the very early 1950-ish models and do a completely professional restoration on that :baby:

Anyway work log will start soon (gonna start a new thread I think) Just doing up my garage at the moment, should start work on the bikes in the next week or two :)

4. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

Out of interest, how much did they cost to buy in their current state? I'll be needing a summer project :D

5. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

The Super was £786 & the GT was £852.

A bit much actually now that I know a bit more about Vespas...buying them in London is a lot more expensive than in other parts of the country. There was recently an absolute beaut on eBay that went for £700 on Buy It Now it was a 1964 Sportique. I soooo wanted to buy it but if I did I would have been a dead man courtesy of my g/f :miffed: I really regret not getting it though as it was a bargain!

Tags: