1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Just got dual monitors, already need help...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CanadianViking, 21 Dec 2007.

1. CanadianViking

CanadianViking Beast from the North

So I just set up some dual moniters on my computer (already loving it 5 minutes in :D... I can see why it's an addiction). Anyways, I want to know how to do these 2 things...

1) Stretch a wallpaper across both monitors.
    and,
    2) Set seperate wallpapers for each monitor.

Are either of these things possible to do? All input appreciated. :)

Edit: Using the "Tile" setting for an appropriately sized picture makes it span across both of them, so I've figured number 1 out. Number 2 would still be nice to have answered though. :)

Last edited: 21 Dec 2007
  2. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

3. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

To use two separate images for wallpaper, you have two choices. The cheap way is to fire up your favorite image editor and combine the two images into one, then set that image to tile. Don't worry if one monitor is taller than the other, as the excess height will be cut off without causing problems - just try to get the width correct.

The second, easier way is to buy Ultramon. It will let you choose different wallpapers and even different screen savers for the two monitors. It'll also give you some extra controls for window placement, and let you place a second taskbar on the second monitor. I've been using Ultramon for a few months now and won't go back.

4. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

in windows, the top left corner of the wallpaper is in the top left corner of the primary monitor. this means that if your secondary monitor is to the left of the primary, you need to make one image with the image for the left monitor to the right of the image for the primart monitor

took me a while to figure this out, so i thought i'd share.
    and if you are looking for widescreen wallpapers, check out the wikimedia commons featured panoramas gallery.

5. CanadianViking

CanadianViking Beast from the North

I think I'll give Ultramon a shot, thanks guys.

Edit: Just downloaded the trial of Ultramon, AWESOME program! It's great, I'll be using it. Thanks for all your suggestions guys.

6. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

I can't imagine a multi monitor setup without ultramon. It's as essential as air, or water.

Tags: