1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Just how big is an Logitech MX Master 3 (or 2/2s)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The_Crapman, 3 Feb 2022.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun. Lover of bit-tech

Dealing with some long-ass spreadsheets at work, tons of transactions on the ledger the scroll through, so wanted something with a spinny wheel (that's the official technical term don't you know), and it seems that it's pretty much Logitech or bust. I'm pretty sure a few people here are sporting them and really like them, but I'm a bit worried that it'd be too big for my liking.

My current mouse is the rat 7 and I don't have the body extended a great deal at all, only one or 2 notches. When using other larger mice my hand tends to sit back and can compromise the crispness and responsiveness of clicks with my short fingers so far back.

What do you think? Pictures in situ with scale reference points would be appreciated. Also considering an MX Anywhere 2/3. Anything else I should be considering?

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

What sort of pictures do you want to see, I have what my friends consider lady hands :miffed::grin: with short fingers and it seems fine to me just heavy, took some getting used to after a deathadder

3. The_Crapman

Coin on top and one lent up the side? I don't mind a heavy mouse, just concerned my spam hands won't fit round the sculpted body.

4. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Modder

Go to curry’s website, scan the QR code and have VR place it next to your rat. It’s how I purchased mine :)

The_Crapman and adidan like this.
  5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ooh, I learned a new thing, thanks :)

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Is this any use to you?

[​IMG]

Sorry, can't do more right mow - in the midst of a work/covid/staffing rota crisis

The_Crapman likes this.
  7. The_Crapman

Beautiful, thank you. How do you like the fully metal wheels on that, rather than usual rubberised ones.

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

its a lot easier to clean the **** out the grooves, tbh its one of the best mice ive purchased, you'll soon get used to the size/mass and even may prefer it for gaming like I do mine.

The_Crapman likes this.
  9. giskard

giskard System builder

It’s very light in action, I love my MX3 and wouldn’t go back to anything else.

The_Crapman likes this.
  10. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I'm an MX3 user and I bloody love it. I've got big hands, and it suits me perfectly - metal wheels are excellent too.

The_Crapman likes this.
  11. David

It's a lot heavier than most gaming mice, but I don't do a lot of online fps "twitch" gaming, so it really isn't an issue. The shape is very comfortable to use, which sound like an odd distinction , but it's far more comfortable than the more ambidextrous mice out there; and enough so that I actually noticed the difference.

It's not plasticky and creaky - it has a quality feel to it. It feels... machined, for want of a better word.

The easy switching between up to three different PCs is a real boon to inveterate tinkerers like me, too.

The_Crapman likes this.
  12. The_Crapman

Thanks for the feedback all

13. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Apologies for diverting OT, but what's the battery life like? My #1 bugbear with a mouse is having to constantly worry about charging it.

14. David

Depends on usage, obviously, but I charge mine around once a month. The charge port is at the front so you can use it like a wired mouse whilst charging it from your PC.

I bought detachable magnetic charging cables, like these (though not those ones exactly), for both my keyboard and mouse, I just leave the USB C end plugged in to each and have one mag cable that I can connect to either of them without fishing around to find the charge port. It's a pretty clean and hassle-free solution.

15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

It's good enough that I don't particularly recall when I charged my Master 3 last, and it's on 2/3.

You can use it whilst recharging like a wired mouse, though it does get a little warm, just enough to be uncomfortable.

16. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Ok that's good enough for me! I bought an MX laser a few years ago that barely managed 2 days between charges which was infuriating.

I'm spoilt with having a succession of Logi Marathon mice (18 months from a pair of AAs) and now the successor of a triathlon which looks like a similar span.

17. The_Crapman

I ended up going for the anywhere 3. Someone at work had a 2s and it felt ok, but my hand was quite far back and I felt like that would make thumb buttons/wheel awkward to reach and use.

The anywhere 3 is pretty small, but doesn't really bother me at all with my hold. Buttons all align perfectly with my stubby fingers and the wheel is just heavenly. In the 3 weeks I've had it it's only used 30% battery capacity