1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Just ordered my Dell u2711

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by j4mi3, 11 Oct 2011.

1. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

should you be using displayport anyway? i thought you had to use the included dvi to get full resolution its kind wasted if you dont

2. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

I received my U2711 and it looks great! I have a custom colour profile set that makes the right hand side of the screen a nice retro green and black :D

[​IMG]

overclockersUK #FAIL

Parge likes this.
  3. Sketchee

Sketchee Suddenly, looters! Hundreds of 'em!

Oh dear... send it back and give em a slap. To even attempt to sell that at all (and for £400) is really poor form. This is why people don't trust em.

4. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

DisplayPort is slowing replacing DVI. It's DVI but upgraded kind of. GoodBytes knows a lot more on this subject. You won't see a difference using DVI or DisplayPort, except for the power saving fault which appears to be present on some U2711s.

5. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Was this one or their £399.99 models?

If so, I'm glad I didn't bite and order another two!

6. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

lol wat. is that their 'b grade' one? i dont even know what b grade is but it did look fishy, considering their was a refurbished going on ebay for 490.

to be fair, on all their reviews on site, everyone praises their customer service i dont know how everyone has had bad experiences. when i order stuff it arrives fine, next day.

yeah i bit the bullet and bought a new one. i was gonna go with that refurbished off ebay i was talking about but this 3 year warranty gives me confidence

7. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

Yes, it was one of their £399.99 models, and now I have something the size of a small fridge I have to pay to return (having already paid to have it delivered)... NOT happy, and definitely NOT B-Grade!

BUT - Displayport cannot support the entire resolution right?

8. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

A single displayport connection can do up to 3840 x 2160 @ 60hz with 32 bit colours iirc. This is in addition to audio where supported.

Yes, I've been avoiding OCUK for a few years now... I shall continue to stay away... No deal can now tempt me!

TSB

9. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

That is the reason I refused delivery of my U2711. It was suggested by someone on here to check the deal on OCUK, thought MY GOD, WHAT A DEAL!
    Massive impulse buy really.
    I knew to keep away from OCUK, but thought go on, one chance.
    Then someone mentioned about never EVER buy their B-Grade stuff. It's usually broken crap
    that has been returned and repackaged to sell on again.

So I sent them an e-mail saying I want a refund, before i'd even recieved the product.
    Refused its delivery. Awaiting a refund now, I better not be charged for the delivery cost.

Bit of a shame. I'd really love a nice u2711, but the price is just too high. :(

10. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Really? This sucks!
    I have the U2410 and my laptop (Dell Latitude E6400) which has Display Port, and I don't have such issue. I am using Nvidia latest official drivers. Very strange. I'll definitely keep an eye on this.

11. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

This because if you post a criticism of them on the forum they delete the thread and ban you, Happened to me and a friend lol Mind I did call them a bunch of old Queens as well :lol:

Oh hughwi nice monitor :jawdrop:

12. noizdaemon666

I just read a thread on it on the Dell forums I think. It seems to be mainly U2711 based, only on the DisplayPort as well. One guy had it with his U2410. Dell as of yet don't know a cure, or at least that's what the thread says.

13. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

damn you guys are putting me off ocuk

one thing i will say though, their pre-built systems are good. they seem good value for money as far as pre built go

14. noizdaemon666

Maybe, but if anything goes wrong you're in the hands of their dreader customer services.

15. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

I'm learning more and more everyday to judge a retailer by their service after a sale. So far ebuyer.com and dabs.com are the clear winners to my mind and have conducted themselves very professionally with me. When I invoked the Distance Selling Regulations with dabs.com they even have that specific tick box in their on-line automated support system and arranged for a courier to collect the faulty graphics card. Simply amazing.

16. elliven

elliven What's a Dremel?

i got my 2711 from ocuk £660 it was 'i phone'd them and thay just say you have to phone dell .,i have been on to dell about this as the monitor is just a week old. but dell say thay have not got any now ones in stock at the min and that thay will get a new one to me when thay r back in stock lol' but thats dell for you

17. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

If you are looking at Dell monitors you might consider PC Buyit which is where I purchased my Dell.

They are a huge Dell reseller and they have a zero dead pixel guarantee (this is over and above the standard Dell bright pixel guarantee).

I was sceptical and asked them to put this in writing and they did.

Personally I would never ever buy a second hand, refurbished or B grade monitor.

If you can not afford a new U27 then lower your sights and get something smaller or cheaper.

There is nothing like opening the virgin box of your own brand new A grade kit.

18. Arednel

Arednel What's a Dremel?

Speaking from experience here, my boyfriend's pre build from the was horrific. DOA, took 4 times shipping it back to them for us to get a refund and everytime it was sent back they didn't even look at it. In the end he went to a local shop. This is why I'm going to build my own.

19. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

I once had to RMA a Samsung Spinpoint F3 with them (was making a dreadful clicking noise) and there was no real issues... sent via Special Delivery, they received it next day, tested it, and sent the replacement off later that afternoon. All done within a week, no hassle.

Then again, this is the only dealing I've had with them, so it may just be pure luck.

20. elliven

elliven What's a Dremel?

This one i got is not one of the B grades as the B grade's come with one year guarantee i think and thay r about £530 ..the one i got has Warranty: 3 Years On-Site and was £ 660. i got a dell 24. 4 years ago and it has been A1 its still going let one of my m8 have it .as i have just got the 27 .but the 27 i am not happy with at all its just that dam displayport problem "entering power save mode :sigh: