1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Just started getting blue screens when playing games

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by j4mi3, 24 May 2012.

1. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

The bsod is code 0x000000001 (can't remember how many 0's exactly)

this is a vcore bsod afaik

But everything was working fine before, all i have done if get the gtx 670 and latest drivers since it started happening

Anyone have any opinions on this?

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Tried booting with a different GPU?

3. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Check to make sure connectors are seated correctly, so on and so forth, then boot up Furmark or the Heaven Benchmark, something with enough load on the GPU to definitively tell you if it's a GPU issue or not. If it doesn't crash from that; Memtest and Prime95, if it does; see if you can't get another machine, whack it in there, still fails; RMA.

4. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Had the same thing on my 2500k when I went from a 460 to a 580 weirdly.. bumping the voltage slightly sorted it for me

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

A simple fix. Go into BIOS and load default settings. Save and exit. Once it reboots enter BIOS, and set your clocks as before. Save and exit.:)

6. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

thanks for the fast replies guys

no I haven't, but like I said, working yesterday, and well since forever with my 4870, I honestly cba to take my 670 back out, put the 4870 (which is now in another machine) back in and try it. Although I will is the other suggestions don't work

will try

already bumped. I upped offset .05 (it was working fine before on the previous voltage) but still happens

I will do this

7. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I may have done Simon's suggestion too which would have fixed it and my bumps were unnecessary :thumb:

8. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

well I have done it, it got stuck on w7 logo on boot.. but that sometimes happens anyway (i think it is to do with ssd - I live with it - ibt and prime95 are fine so)

I will report back if it happens from now on

why would this fix it btw

9. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

If you think it's the GPU, give it a good work out with Fur Mark. If it's borked that will make it BSOD.

10. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

BIOS can sometimes become slighlty corrupt and so it just needs a reset now and again.

11. feathers

feathers Minimodder

You sound like an EVGA or Gigabyte mobo user

:)

12. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I've had it happen on my Asus Rampage as well. :)

I usually have to do that process when I hit a wall when OCing. It helps to reset it and start off where you hit the wall, and you can normally get more MHz out of the CPU that way. :)

It's also good to do it once in a while, so there is less chance of getting that BSOD. :)