1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Keyboard choices

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Acksaw, 10 Jun 2010.

1. Acksaw

Acksaw What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, I type this on my beloved Saitek Eclipse II.

I am currently on my second space bar and it has died on me, typing this is proving VERY difficult. Basically the tabs on the space bar have broke and it's now a gonner.

I am struggling to find a decent keyboard similar to this that has normal keys and not these keys that all the modern gaming keyboards have that feel like you're typing on a laptop. Logitech seem to do what I am after but they are over-priced and look naff.

Can someone help me find a decent keyboard with proper keys that is as good as my lovely Saitek Eclipse II? Saitek have gone the naff route as well now and their keyboards wouldn't look out of place on the set of Babylon 5!

2. mrhrk01

mrhrk01 What's a Dremel?

I recently bought this keyboard (different version I got the wired one, but its essentially the same): http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-3676.aspx

I have a Tesco Direct store a few minutes from home, anyway I think its a good keyboard, nice easy to use. I would suggest you also take a look, at ~ £11 a good price I think :)

3. Acksaw

Acksaw What's a Dremel?

Looks a bit too cheap to be decent.. Plus it's wireless which I hate!

4. mrhrk01

mrhrk01 What's a Dremel?

They sell two versions wireless and wired. I bought the wired version and am loving it personally. I understand where you are coming from, I also thought what you were thinking, but I am happy I purchased it, as its a great keyboard. :D

5. bagman

bagman Minimodder

there is the sidewinder x4 from microsoft which is quite good
    the is also the Razer Lycosa
    i use the logitech G11 which i can recomend

6. Acksaw

Acksaw What's a Dremel?

As stated in my post, the Lycosa and Sidewinder use these new crappy low profile keys and the logitech looks dated!

7. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

Go mechanical - if cheap go cherry direct.

8. Acksaw

Acksaw What's a Dremel?

Do you know of a decent mech keyboard for about £30-50?

9. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Mate I feel your pain. I'm on Saitek Eclipse II as we speak. Couple years ago the space bar broke. So I popped it out and glued the tiiiny plastic bit back into place and slipped the bar into it. Used it for couple years no prob. But now that one side has gone again. I can type ok if I hit the middle-to-right side of the space bar......but its well annoying.

I really don''t wanna get another keyboard because of just the space bar. It's actually why I bought this keyboard in the first place, because the space bar went on another. MEH they need to make them hardcore!

10. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

M$ X4 ...nice key action and backlit too.

11. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Indeed. Clean, classy, easy to set your macros, you can turn off the backlit and I really like the Palm support. Moreover, the price is pretty decent, the built quality is good and it come with a 3 years warranty.

Last edited: 10 Jun 2010
  12. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

a bit over your budget (£70) but how about This Cherry

Ive got a friend that has one and he swears by it, although he didnt buy from them so i have no idea if they're any good as a retailer.

13. Cadair

Cadair What's a Dremel?

Has anyone got a idea of a comparison between the sidewinder X4 and the Logitech G11? Both come recommended but here / CPC I am unsure which one to get though?

Cheers