1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Keyboard head-to-head

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 6 May 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. breakspirit

breakspirit What's a Dremel?

"On the other hand, if you're after something a little more flashy and expensive then you may want to side with either the Razer or the Enermax keyboards. The Razer keyboard represents solid, weighty construction and the bragging rights that come of having a keyboard cut with diamonds, while the Razer Pro|Type highlights the benefits of extra functions and features."

Shouldn't that say that the Enermax has the solid, weighty construction? It's near the bottom of the last page. Otherwise, good article, I think I'll stick with my logitech G15, though =)

3. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

You could have thrown Enermax Aurora in there aswell. Though I doubt it would have made much difference.

4. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

QFT. (Both the good article part, and the sticking with a G15 part)

5. Starfighter

Starfighter What's a Dremel?

How do the line outs / microphone sockets work on these boards? Is it over USB, or separate 3.5mm plugs?

And if it's over USB, how does it sound?

6. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

As someone who's not a touch-typist and looks at the keyboard when typing, I find both black keys and the subtle grey letters of the Logitech (and several others) difficult to see in dim lighting - I keep hitting the wrong key. :duh:

I wish they'd go back to bold black lettering and save me some energy putting the light on. :sigh:

7. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Considered getting an iluminated keyboard cpemma?

8. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

get yourself a saitek eclipse (or eclipse II) or a G11 (little LCD-less brother to the G15)

You'll wonder how you ever did without afterwards

personally I like the feel of the Saitek and the functionality of the G15, but functionality comes first in my book :thumb:

9. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

All I want is a nice looking keyboard that's all about typing (and keeps to the ****ing reference design!). Something like a model M.

Maybe I should buy a model M...

10. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Both of these are completely incomparable to the Logitech DiNovo Edge. For a similar price point to the Razer it's so much more keyboard, and if you like low profile laptop style keys (as I do) then there really is nothing even close.

AH

11. Major

Major Guest

Logitech G11 ***

12. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

Perhaps next time oyu could do a preoper roundup/head to head with more than 2 keyboards in it?

would be a lot more informative rather than "here are 2 mediocre expensive keyboards, but you could buy a better one for cheaper"

I think ill stick with my unbranded one that i 'borrowd' from somewhere that is fine and has hte same key layout as ANY other uk keyboard.

13. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

I got to confess. I have a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000. Another confession is that I love it! Therefore, I'm really dumbfounded by the lack of coverage Microsoft thingamagics have in the hardware-field. They are far better than how most people see them.

14. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Surprisingly the OEM Dell keyboard that ships with most of their low/mid-end computers is pretty good. Personally I hate having loads of bells and whistles on my keyboard, in fact up until recently I still used a 12 year old Amstrad keyboard.

15. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Tbh, everyone knows the MS Ergo 4K is the best ergonomic keyboard out there. I've been using once since I started getting pangs of pain in my wrists(insert bad dirty jokes here), and it's totaly sorted that. It's also a reasonably decent keyboard to use, although the extra buttons and functions are all entirely useles, and the lack of right side windows key does actually annoy me.

16. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

frankly both those keyboards suck. Very expensive aswell. I'm using a M$ comfort curve 2000 here that cost only £12 (approx $24). Found out that it's water proof the other day as I filled the entire keyboard tray with tea to no ill effect.

*unlike there OS Microsoft peripherals are the daddy, cheap, high quality and ergonomic without gimmicks

17. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Why on earth would you make a white keyboard.

18. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Because the filthy apple crowd who like everything to be Ipod white lap that stuff up.

19. identikit

identikit Minimodder

My iPods black though.... :(

20. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

Hides 14 year old gamers 'stains'

I'll leave :worried:

Tags: Add Tags