1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Keyboard issues - cant jump while running / right shift +C not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Delphium, 15 Nov 2010.

1. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Greetings all.
    For the last couple of weeks I have noticed that I am having some issues with my keyboard not being able to do some key presses that it used to be able to do.

The keyboard is a Microsoft Sidewinder X6, I have InteliType installed to make use of some of the macros, I have also removed and reinstalled InteliType since this issue has arised.

2 of the most noticable issues is that I am unable to jump while running in games (W to run, space to jump)
    Even tho both these keys work independantly they do not together making it quite difficult to jump in games while moving.
    The other thing I noticed was that right Shift + C does not work, left shift + C does.
    I can also not get either Shift + 2 to work to get quote marks.

Testing the keyboard on another PC seems to work flawlessly so I know its something software/driver related, however although I have reinstalled the drivers and keyboard software this has not fixed the issue.

Has anyone else experience such an issue or have any ideas what could potentially cause this?

I do not have InteliPoint installed for the mouse which I have heard can cause some similar issues.

TIA Delph.

Last edited: 15 Nov 2010
  2. hellblazer.doom

hellblazer.doom What's a Dremel?

I had this problem before, i found the problem was in the game settings, have a look at yourkeyboard settings in game.

3. Delphium

The games settings have not changed, this is not just in 1 game it is in all of them, also right Shift+C is when im in windows trying to type, same with Shift + 2 to get quote marks, again when im in windows.

I can jump in game, I can move in game, I just cant jump while moving, something that I have always been able to do before, specially with the likes of TF2 as a Scout.

4. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Have you bound space+w to something in the macro program? This might disable the original function of space+w

5. Delphium

I have not bound any of the mentioned key combinations to any of the macro keys.
    EDIT: Spybot reports my system as being clean apart from 3 cookies which are now removed.

Last edited: 15 Nov 2010
  6. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Have you tried it with the software uninstalled? Might be worth a go to remove it from the equation.

7. Delphium

Only briefly inbetween uninstall and reinstall, however it was not after a pc reboot, so may try that next when I get home.