1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Keyboard Mod Ideas

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Fractal, 13 Apr 2010.

1. Fractal

Fractal I Think Therefore I Mod

So I've had my Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for about 15 months now. It is fantastic and very comfortable to type on. I'm getting a bit bored with the colour scheme however and am thinking about how to modify it.

So far I'm considering painting the grey trim and replacing the function lock LEDs with different coloured ones. Also probably applying braided cable sleeving to the cord.

What I want to know is, do you guys have any ideas of what I could do? Done/seen any keyboard mods? Pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

[​IMG]

2. evildude5t5

evildude5t5 Real gamers overclock

i have a Belkin keyboard that i took apart and panted the frame white.the keys are black and the rest is white. it look sweet. i can post some pics if you want

3. evildude5t5

evildude5t5 Real gamers overclock

4. woody_294

woody_294 Wizard Ninja :P

You can paint the whole things colours of your choice, then you can get decals for the keys, best bet for uber long lasting finish on the keys post decals is nail varnish so I've heard.

5. Fractal

Fractal I Think Therefore I Mod

Thanks for those suggestions guys :)

The nail polish idea is a good one, I had been wondering how to apply a finish that wouldn't easily wear off from typing.

6. skreenname

skreenname SFF Forever

If you have the means you could try modding tit into a Datamancer-esque keyboard.
    [​IMG]