1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Keyboard Recommendations

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thefunkyone, 9 Oct 2012.

1. thefunkyone

thefunkyone I Miss Vodka

Hi, im thinking about getting a new keyboard and im unsure about what to get.

I currently have a Sidewinder X4 and its ok but using it for games for long periods of time cause my left hand to go numb and a few of the keys are starting to wear out.

What im after is a keyboard which has macro keys and a decent palm rest thats not vastly oversized (i think the short stumpy plam rest on my sidewinder is to blame for my numb hand problems as i never had the problem with my old saitek eclipse II).

I have looked at mechanical keyboards but its a lot of money to put down on one considering i have killed a few keyboards in the past from vodka and beer spillages. To kill a £100+ keyboard the same way would probably give me a heart attack :D

Thanks in advance for whatever recommendations i get ;)

2. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

I would look at some used mechanical keyboards. It should not set you back much and once you go mechanical you never go back. The increased build quality will probably also lengthen the lifespan of it.

3. PorkChops

PorkChops What's a Dremel?

If you're not interested in mechanical boards then my vote goes to the Sidewinder x6. I just decommissioned mine due to beer spillages. I've gone down the mech route and doubt I'll ever look back. That said, the x6 served me very well. I don't use a numpad, so removing that left me with a very capable and comfy backlit TKL board with media keys that didnt take up too much room on the desk. No adjustable height though. And I'm not even sure if they still sell them. I may have been very much not useful here, but definitely worth looking.