1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keyboards!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by horgboy, 11 Sep 2008.

1. horgboy

horgboy haisup

Looking for a good wireless keyboard as I spilt coke all over my G15 :( and now some keys dont work and the top buttons only pause music haha.

Long story short, anyone recommend me a good wireless keyboard? I already have a awesome mouse (G7) so preferably one on its own, honestly all the keyboards I've really known are either Logitech or Microsoft but i'm open to any brand.

Thought the folks at bt would know whats best to get, thanks in advance!

2. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

The slim apple keyboards are the best keyboards I've ever used. They are so nice to type on w/ the short travel distance on the keys.
    [​IMG]

I used to have a diNovo edge from Logitech... it was alto a really sweet keyboard. But for the cost you could get 3apple keyboards which IMO are superior.

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

If you hadn't said "wireless", i would've recommended the MS Comfort Curve 2000.
    AWESEOME keyboard, and the best i've used save for that apple one (which is mac-specific in layout), and some Dell Latitude series notebook keyboards...

4. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Logitech has 3 interesting keyboards:
    - Desktop MX 5500 Revolution, comes with an excellent mouse. If you look at the price of the mouse, it is actually a good price for the combo.
    - No wireless, you have the Logitech Illuminated which is coming soon.
    - If on budget, you have the Logitech MX3200. You don't have to use the mouse it comes with. The only potential problem with the keyboard, is the screen is just a clock, nothing more, and the left side edge of the keyboard has a touch sensitive zoom/scroll thing, so if you put your a finger there it might annoy you.

6. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

7. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

I've always liked the look of the MX5500 Revolution myself, but I've never used one...

I hate anything apple, but I have to admit the keyboards DO have a nice feel... I think Ebay may be your friend for this though

8. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I've noticed there is a distinct lack of standalone wireless keyboards on sale (barring the few mentioned above). Mostly, the only way you can get hold of one is by buying a keyboard/mouse combo. Given that there are loads of wireless mice you can by on their own, is this not a bit stupid?

9. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

never really saw the point in having a wireless keyboard, unless its uber moblie for a HTPC.

you can go either MS or logitech and not worry about a crap purchase, and there isn't alot of difference in them anyway.

All i did is went down to my local PC World, went along looking at there keyboards and threw process of elimination, factoring cost into the dicussion i ended up with a microsoft comfort curve (think its called that) took a while to get use to it, but i can now touch type pretty well on it now. It was like learning to type all over again as the keys are at funny angles.

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Point in wireless keyboard? Pretty much the same as the wireless mouse. Much nicer to use if you move it around a lot.

Personally, I love this Microsoft Internet Keyboard - they don't make 'em like they used to... :(

11. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

I too have an ancient IBM model which uses PS/2 and weighs like a breeze block. I love it though, I could drop it from the roof and it would still work, if I drop bits of pasty and dorito dip on it I couldn't care less and the wasd keys are long since worn off....

12. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Learn from this mistake, buy the cheapest keyboard you can, in fact you can buy 2, 3 or 4 of them for the price of those that the people above are recommending, then you can spill as much as you want over them. I type to you now from a 10 pound keyboard that has seen many a spillage over the last year or so, only the 1 key on the left does not work making exclamation marks impossible for me, if only I had 10 pounds for another keyboard :miffed:

13. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That's fine - but pricier keyboards are nicer to type on. If you're clumsy, stick to the cheap ones. If you do loads of typing, a nice keyboard is well worth it tbh.

14. horgboy

horgboy haisup

woah thanks guys!

yeah I might just get a combo and keep the mouse for a rainy day ...
    Luckily it was the first time that happened haha, but definitely agree on the price and quality correlation on keyboards.

well my t.v. is close to my computer so I usually watch some movies in bed when I'm lazy, and I hate getting up and using the keyboard for something that pops up mid-movie :p

MX550 combo looks pretty swell, kinda like the g15 in a way with the screen on the top, looks classy haha. Wish they would sell them seperately, 250AUD for the combo :/

decisions ....