1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Kick Ass

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 29 Mar 2010.

1. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

Its great, I haven't been that entertained by a film, in a long time!

2. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

I want to see it so bad. The more gratuitous and unnecessary I hear the violence is, the more I want to see it. :D

3. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I'm going to see it in an hour :thumb:

I'll report back (if I remember ;))

4. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I really wanna see this film

5. wst

wst Minimodder

Oh damn, I was going to go and see this with a girl who has an interest in me, and the feeling is somewhat mutual. I was expecting to spend not-much-time watching the film, you know what I mean, if you catch my drift. Dammit. I might just have to ignore her if it's this good.

pimonserry likes this.
  6. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I went today to see this with my mate as both my wife and his never wanted to see it. The girls missed out big time, this was a great film.

The young girl who played Mindy/Hit Girl was amazing, I think we will be seeing a lot of her in the future. A very mature performance from her.

7. pimonserry

Damn, as mentioned above, I just saw this, completely awesome.

I 100% recommend this for a laugh/quirky action film. Probably the best film so far this year (that I've seen).

HG is scarily bad-ass for a ~11 year old.

8. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Anyone remember Hocus Pocus? With Bette Middler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy?

Remember the little girl? Yeah, unless Im mistaken, her and Hit Girl, they're the one and the same person...

9. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

You serious man? Hocus Pocus was released in 1993 and Chloe Moretz (Hit Girl) was born in 1997.

10. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Watched it again with a couple of friends last night, utterly superb film Chloe Moretz should go on to be a huge star and Nicolas Cage wasn't terrible.

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I went to see this last night with my sister and many lols were had. Cheers guys. :D

12. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Hated both these films, so won't be seeing this.

But then, I don't find many of Hollywood's supposed "Funny Men" funny.

Didn't know it had Nic Cage in it though. might be one to watch from Lovefilm a few months down the line.

13. pimonserry

For once.

I am not a Nicholas Cage fan, but in this he was 100% bearable. And he had a bad-ass (fake) moustache.

Last edited: 1 Apr 2010
  14. Aaeen

Aaeen Yep...that's me

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! ROFL....WAFFLE...STOMP!

15. wgy

wgy What's a Dremel?

READ THE COMIC!!

which im sure you all very aware of and out now 2 years prior to the film :blush:

its on my list of things to watch, the positive reviews here put it into no.1 spot.

16. Big_Adam

Big_Adam What's a Dremel?

Yeah it was out, but they only just in the past few months wrapped it all up.

Also, Hi Comic nerd here.

I'm going to take a sec and compare the comic to the film a bit.

This is one of a few films that really stick to the source material about 85% of the time. A few changes here and there but what works in the comic doesn't always work on film. The comic itself for example is wholly more graphic as within the first few pages features KickAss hooked up to a car bat to his dingleberrys and the whole comic does a Tarintino style start at the end thing.

I do wish they kinda went with KickAss and Red Mist being as geeky as they are in the comic (driving around listing to Danny Elfman) and KickAss's confession to his crush (comic version is damn funny).

BUT!

The film is a damn fine bit of work in it's own right. The speed at which the story progress and elements are revealed and worked in works perfectly. Shots are clean with none of this wobbly cam crap. Action is brutal and pounding when it happens and all the actors do a damn good job.

I thought Cage and whoever Hit Girl was wouldn't be up to par, but they pull it off even if Cage sounds like Christopher Walken at times with that weird stop-start talking Walken has.

I enjoyed the whole film, I was into it, HOOK! Then ... just one bit takes it a step too far. Its right at the end and it doesn't ruin the film. Just during the last big battle, KickAss does something and it just was too much.

Just that one thing.

But, best comic action film this year, hell best action film this year. Highly recommend, read the comic afterwards at some point thought.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Nah - he's not aping Walken. It's Adam West.

:)

Baz likes this.
  18. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Finally got to see this last night...

OMGAWESOMEGASM!

Seriously, what a brilliant film for someone who likes mindless violence, plenty of gore, slow-mo gunfights, inter-teen piss-taking, McLovin' and superheroes.

Hit Girl was AMAZING, Cage was super bad-ass as Big Daddy (that fight scene in the lumber warehouse was insane cool), Mark Strong plays a great gangster, McLovin' was hilarious as usual and Aaron Johnson was a great bit of casting.

It mixed action, violence, comedy, romance and some much deeper emotions brilliantly.

10/10 from me. EASILY.

19. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

I agree, the film was great. Excellent fight scenes, interesting plot, tons of action etc. Btw Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall has been announced for 2012.

SPOILERS AHEAD
    Thought it was funny until kick-ass gets stabbed in the car-park, then gets run over in a hit&run. I thought it was weird how everyone in the theater was laughing, also during Hit-Girl's killing sprees. From that point onwards it didn't feel like a comedy to me anymore. And in the trailer the whole point they were making was that it's just normal people without superpowers, but each one of them was far from "normal". Red Mist was mega rich, Kick-ass had no sense of pain, Big Daddy was Rambo in a batman suit and Hit-Girl actually did have superpowers.

20. KrunchR

KrunchR What's a Dremel?

Great film.....started out eaxctly how I would have thought...then it all changed. Still a good movie, just not how you would think.