1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Kids & Halloween

Discussion in 'General' started by GiGo, 27 Oct 2007.

1. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Not really a rant but this was what happened in the Pub last night:

After getting to a pub we go to every month or so, we sit down 'at our regular table', my mate, the misses and I sit down, get some drinks and start chatting, this is until we get interupted by two children 'trick or treating', they had masks on and a costume, so they looked the part.

They say 'Trick or Treat' and hold out there little basket things. As i'm a grumpy bugger, I responded by saying 'Its not halloween yet', to which they replied, 'Were going away so were doing it now'.

Ok fair enough I thought.
    ME: Sorry aint got no sweets
    THEM: No money
    ME: Sorry, no!

Bloody kids, can you beleive it? The worse thing is, there parents were with them! Standing around the corner. It wasn't just us they did it to, we saw them walk out of the pub and start asking people on the street for money, with there parents standing right next to them.

I'm not one for halloween and I do honestly beleive it to be begging, but when your asking for sweets its not so bad, but when a parent takes them to different pubs and gets them to ask for money, there has to be something seriously wrong with them?

Regards
    GiGo

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Like a accepted form of begging on this one day, ive never been trick or treating as mum+dad thought it was unsafe and its not a real holiday anyways.

I'd smack'em up side the head then next one u come across.

3. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Yeah, the parents would have known fine well that people in pubs didn't carry loose sweets on them; you should've bought them apple sourz, the stuff's for kids, right?

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

QFT. I quite like sourz, but only as a complement to a proper shot... :D

I'm not a big fan of Halloween anymore - I used to love it when I was a kid though, my Mum owned a shop, so it was always full of silly Halloween stuff and decorated really well and stuff, it was great.

5. koola

koola Minimodder

Most kids aint doing it for sweets, but money *Shock, horror!*

Knock, knock
    Kids: Trick or treat
    Me: Trick
    Kids: erm.....?
    Me: That's rubbish, goodbye.

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I remeber when I was 10 getting shot through someones letterbox with a BB gun on Halloween... I've never been Trick or Treatin' since..

7. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

I should of given them a cigerette or something, would of been funny to see there parents face.

I've been trick or treating once, it was crap! No one likes to give out sweets in my area.

Last year my friend brought loads of little sweets and no one came, it was funny watching him eat them all and be sick.

Regards
    GiGo

8. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I'm fairly sure that by law, if they ask for money, it's technically begging, and they can be arrested.

The girlfriend is a police officer, and she goes mad at this time of year with these little scrotes.

9. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Was just thinking that, can't be legal! ;)

10. Pha3dr0n

Pha3dr0n Where's my Valium?

I don't mind the kids going out for halloween so much - I live in a really bad area so there arent many, but the few that do appear would rather mug you. My personal grudge at this time of year is the neds setting off damn fireworks constantly - I really wish they would ban the sale of them unless its to a registered event. The prats up my way like to set them off through peoples letterboxes; fortunately I live two flights up, so they dont come up that far in case they cant run away.

11. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

LMAO!!!
    I shouldn't laugh but that's hilarious. :D

It does kinda make me sad that its not as common as it once was.
    I used to love doing it as a kid but these days, its just kids looking for a hand-out.
    I used to learn lots of jokes etc when I went out. :)

12. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

I've never been trick or treating, why my dad hates it, he puts a sign up on the house saying "no trick or treating" which i tell him will only lead to the little *******s egging my house.

One time my mum and dad were out on Halloween, and i was round with a couple of mates and i answered the door expecting someone but instead it was a group of 10 little buggers, "trick or treat" i said "no" and shut the door, all i hear next is a huge bang and the little shites had egged my windows, and my door, so me and my mates chased them round the block with some eggs that i took and lobbed them at them, one of the kids actually started crying.

It taught them not to play around!

13. wolff000

wolff000 I am here to steal your secrets.

So many people that have never had a proper Hallow's Eve, how sad. It is my favorite holiday, the only one I celebrate, well that and St Patty's day but the latter is just a good excuse to get pissed. Anyways asking for money is deplorable those people should have been arrested and the kids moved to a decent home where they will be taught proper manners.

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

They could have actually been prosecuted for a firearms offence for that.

Used to love trick or treating when I was younger, but we lived in a nice little neighbourhood where everyone knew each other so no-one was really annoyed with it.

Last edited: 31 Oct 2007
  15. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I was in Pizza Express last night and a very young VERY FAT little girl walked in and went around all the tables whilst munching on what looked like a mars bar.

I thought about telling her that I'd given a shed load of chocolate to her dad so she better go home and get it but then I realised she probably didn't know her dad...

16. Poisonous

Poisonous Incestuious

Halloween of yesteryear.. Meeting a few mates and having a few beers around a fire.

17. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Did you compete in tales of blood-chilling terror? :D

18. Poisonous

Poisonous Incestuious

That's a given..

19. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

The funny thing about halloween is that the local shops have been IDing people if they want to buy eggs in the past couple of weeks. You have to have been over 16.

Last year some chavs fired a firework at my mates house, we chased them with crowbars. I don't think they'll be coming there this year.

20. Poisonous

Poisonous Incestuious

Most shops and supermarkets round me are saying over 18 for eggs and flour.

Tags: