1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Kids these days...

Discussion in 'General' started by BRAWL, 17 Jan 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I think I'll vent something on here today... it's monday... Brawl doesn't go well with mondays because it brings the panicky idiots out of the woodwork.

Why is it nearly anyone who is under the age of 25 never seems to be able to deal with their own affairs? I've had contact after contact with people today around my age who just can't deal with things... through nothing but idleness and excuses!

I hate being part of the generation that just fails so hard at life they we need entire government sections revolving around us to make us feel important again. If you can't deal with the credit card debts, DONT HAVE A CREDIT CARD, if you can't deal with having a child, DONT HAVE A CHILD.

When was logic so rapidly thrown out of the window by my generation!

+Throws Super Sledge through a wall+ BRAWL MAD >.<

[/rant] sorry, just totally needed to get that out, anyone else find that most people under 25 these days just seem to be totally inept at doing anything themselves. We had a 24 year old lad walk in work earlier in a suit... that wasn't even ironed, unpolished shoes and everything, made me want to crush his skull!

Psycho likes this.
  2. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

apart from the whole skull crushing due to unpolished shoes i agree lol

We live in times where not working is a choice, everything will be handed to you and you start believing society owns you a life.

look at it from a different point of view, at least it isn't hard to make yourself stand out from the rest of the crowd.

3. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Excuse me, but I disagree.
    All under 25s EXCLUDING me are like that ;)

4. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

At times like this, I find it helpful to read books by Ayn Rand. :)

5. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Oh, unpolished shoes/boots does my head in >.< It's like when I see kids wearing DPM trousers (combats) without creases or they have the tassles hanging out the bottom. It drives me MENTAL >.<

Doing my job I see it everyday, I have people older than me gobbing off at me because they're failing. It just drives me completly insane! Got told "God, it's alright for you lot... you're all 35 or something!" from someone and when prompted with "I'm 22 actually" and then they came in the office for an interview... it soon shut them up. Why are people so inept... are school's breeding a society of idiots now? I got awful GCSE's but everyone is well aware that I'm not academic and I've worked for my place...

+throws hammer again+

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Maybe it's not that they expect it, maybe it's the fact they just don't know any better?

If no one tells you to shine your shoes or iron, let alone HOW to iron or clean, you won't. If someone doesn't tell you "you need to dress up for today" you probably won't think about it. I know I don't. 10 years as a student and journalist and it now takes my gf to remind me to put a shirt on if I go out to see someone important. I still know how to iron and clean clothes though because I bothered to ask my mother :p and I lived with someone who was an expert at ironing.

True, a lot of people are whiney underachieving *****, but that's also a parenting thing not just a societal or government thing. There's also an equal number who also just GTFOn with it as well, and those people will come out better off. Just ignore them, in fact, be thankful you're better than them because you actually know when to try.

7. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Yeah those damn kids, always referring to themselves in the third person...

8. LJF

LJF Modded

You beat me to making a remark. At least all the imaginary weaponary will be heading in your direction instead of mine!

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm 23 (I almost forgot and put 22..), and I am perfectly capable of looking after myself in terms of appearance, and general sanity checks.

I, admittedly, don't iron, but I do have fresh shirts and trousers. I polish my boots (For casual wear, I'm somewhat obsessive about that, actually), to a shine, and I polish my work shoes to a sort of compromise between matte and gloss - Purely because I prefer subtle footwear when meeting customers. No one told me how to do it, or even to do it. I just did it.

I don't have any offspring because I know I'm not.. I want to say mature, but I'm regularly told I'm mature for my age, so.. Experienced enough to handle it. I have a credit card, and I do know how to handle that.

Not all of us are as terrifically pathetic as the generalisation brush would have you believe!

BRAWL likes this.
  10. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

But when did parents who are now 35-50 become so hopeless? My parents are 40-42 and they taught me everything, their parents were the same!

So what happened? When did failure become a GCSE course? >.<

... Old git ;)

See above ;)

11. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Glad to know it isn't just me buddy. It just bloody worries me... I've been able to iron, cook, clean, polish, and look after myself from a young age. It just seems like that's been lost these days and it's so bloody worrying mate.

Alas, like the good trooper I am, I have to polish my boots (i work in an office... and still insist on wearing boots, not shoes.)

walle likes this.
  12. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

It seems ambition is a lost art these days. I'm 24, a working professional and I moved half way up the country to better myself. I've found most my age are still living with their parents. If it's not the parents it's a simple lack of ambition. I did all this with no money my parents have little to nothing in terms of a disposable income so if I could do it anyone can.

BRAWL likes this.
  13. Psycho

Psycho Average

I'm 15 and in my school almost, I repeat, almost everyone is like that.

I remember when a teacher asked someone who was walking around while in class like no-ones bussiness what he's going to do when he grows up. Since I don't translate well it will lose strenght but what he said is "steal and smoke", spice it up with what kids say and some unintelligible language.

God damn it sometimes I want to rip the eyes off some people in my school Kratos vs. Poseidon style...and sometimes im THIS close from doing so.

14. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I totally agree with BRAWL, kid of today are useless. By the time I was 16 my mum had taught me to be pretty much self sufficient. At 18 I was a grapic artist, I used to deal with every aspect of magazine publication from doing my own art works, copy and dealing with publishers and chasing dead lines. I look at my eldest, just turned 17 and my nieces and nephews who are older and if you threw that responsibility on them they would just crumble and sob uncontrollably in a corner until some one put the out of their misery. I look at some of the youngsters at work now and wonder how that get threw the day let alone manage to deal with life in general. Their general consensus is that the world owes them a favor for doing absolutely nothing.

Thanks BRAWL, you set me off as well now mate:D

15. murraynt

murraynt Modder

well I'm 18 and perfect in every way.:p
    To be fair i am always encouraged by my mother and father. I have to give it to them i wouldn't be able to wash, drive, lodge checks, sort my laser card or make dinner for myself if it wasn't for them.
    Some people are just so helpless though.
    I was with my friend in the house, and one of the girls(19) comes into the room and asks ossian(My friend) Whats in scrambled egg? We laughed and just said egg with a bit of scramble, She comes in 2-3 minuets later and ask if we were messing with her:hehe: The really bad thing is that we convinced her that it was in one of the cubards :lol:
    Also work helped me out alot, When i was told do do something i couldn't just tell somebody else to do it. I had to do it and chase up on it.

Ljs likes this.
  16. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I can cook, clean and look after myself

Nobody said about doing it well though :)

recently i've learn't how to manovue that wacky doodad that flattens clothes... now whats that thing called... The flatterner? decreaser? thing that goes "Tssssssstssssst" and steam shoots out?

brave758 likes this.
  17. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Mate i wear them just like you describe, then i did do 12 years for the queen. Oh ya and i haven ironed anything since i left and i hope to god i never will again. Shave one a week if i feel like it. Have tattoos and look like ive been dragged out of a oxfam bin

18. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Haha +rep

19. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

I totally agree with what your saying,

The vast majority of people left my school at 16, and are complete idiots, alot with kids and no jobs so the public are paying for them and their sprogs.

I'll admit that I'm a student and yep I still live with my parents, mainly due to my university being 15 mins by bus from my house but I can still look after myself, iron, cook etc.

It really annoys me that some people are just failures at life in general, even in my university I see some students walking about and just think to myself "How the hell did you get to university...."

20. ac4155

ac4155 What's a Dremel?

Some people are just idiots and feel that they are untouchable by everyone else and act as of they are owed something by society in general.

I just hope they get the shock they need which makes them wake up from the dreamworlds they are living in and sort out themselves.

Id say it's the result of the nanny state were growing up and living in. Where everything gets handed to you on a plate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.