1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 KillZone 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BuRnThIsJ, 29 Aug 2005.

1. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

55%!!! god this is taking ages!!

2. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Mines been at 7% for an hour and says pending even though I have no other downloads going :(

3. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Mike,

It could be due to the sheer number of people now trying to download it perhaps. Mines is moving along, im at 66% but its slown down dramitically. It reached 10% within about ten minutes but now it seems to take longer and longer.
    If it doesnt move in about 5 minutes I would restart I think? :S

dont think it should stay like that for that long....

4. mikeuk2004

I just restarted and now it wont download lol, im at 0% and pending. Dont think im going to get it tonight with the servers getting hammered

5. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Not sure if the demo will be available on the other stores but it the NA store hasn't updating so I signed into my UK account and am now downloading it. :lol:

6. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I'm downloading at approx 500KB/s

Working good for me.

Edit: according to my router my PS3 is maxing out my connection at 5mbps which is 625 KB/s. :D

7. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

how do you see your download speed? using the ps3? or your router?

8. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

First impressions:
    Graphics are top notch, was about what I thought they would be and if you stop to look around you really do notice little things. Gameplay is awesome, the cover system takes a little while to get used to but is really good and unique, no other cover system like it, its a shame it wont be in the multyplayer. AI is much better than I thought it would be, they try to flank you and if your sat in a spot for too long they will lob nades at you :D

All in all very pleased with the game, the satisfaction of getting a kill is like no other game for me, glad I preordered wont be cancelling. Favorite thing? seeing the blood spurt out when getting a nice kill, yum.

Downside....the Demo is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too short, would take even a slow paced person max of 10 minutes. Plus its 1.2gb WTF? Bring on Killzone 2!!

9. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

you can work it out if you time how long it takes to do a MB or whatever.

played through twice, i have to say im quite disappointed by the length of the demo and the lack of MP but hey ho. in terms of the game im quite impressed, its another game with a largley grey and brown palet but i expected that. i guess for me console fps will never hold a torch to pc, and when you look at this in contrast with something like left 4 dead it just doesn't excite anywhere near as much. having said that i'll buy it and if the MP is any good i may well purchase one of those Fragfx thingies

10. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I'm a bit dissapointed by it, some things made me feel good - like headshots, other things felt slow, like reloading, throwing grenades and changing weapons, kinda of like the character can't really be bothered with it.

11. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

in my router i can check the status of my connection. I had no other devices using internet and it said my connection was downloading at 5mbps.

not sure what router have this feature. I have hacked firmware on mine (DD-WRT Firmware) which gives me extra features.

Just finished installing. :D

Will get lunch first then try it out.

12. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

yeah the grenade throwing is particularly conspicuous in its limp wristed laziness, also some form of sprint function would have been handy. in a lot of ways it reminds me of a first person gears of war

13. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Hold down the left analogue (L3) lets you sprint, but again, it's no better then walking since it isn't a quick & smooth motion.

14. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I like the Alternative 2 control setting the best.

VERY short demo, but it is really awesome!

15. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Graphically its quite impressive - not as great as I thought it would be but none the less it is visually very good.

Gameplay is slower than most FPS which personally I like, I hate really fast paced ones (COD4 is good but too fast) and this is a nice speed although a little bit too much on the slow side.

Interested to see how Multiplayer is on this...Il keep my pre-order for now...iv spent money on far worst than this and £28 isnt bad for it...

Overall...relatively ok with the demo, what I am after is the multiplayer....il need the full game for that though...lets bring that on!

16. FaIIen

FaIIen origami killer

slow paced games can be more tactical since there's room for more thinking ...if I wanted to play a fast fps I would rather go play "wack a mole", sorry but i'm not 15 anymore :lol:

17. Major

Major Guest

Graphics look amazing....

That's about it, sorry, doesn't get a 5/10 from me.

18. sjhujh

sjhujh Minimodder

I only played it for about 10 mins last night, but have to say even with my crappy monitor that mangles 720p/1080p from the PS3 it looks fantastic! Also was impressed with the way that the enemys react to what your doing and try to flush you out... you really feel like your playing agianst evil SOB's intent on killing you rather than mindless drones who couldn't care less...

19. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

Anybody else get that single shot rifle from the guy on top of the building towards the end? You can get a really satisfying 'Boom headshot!' from it.

20. mikeuk2004

Finally got it and love it, very good shooter and will be buying it :) Shame the demo is so short, i hope the game s not short. But then it does have multiplayer :)