1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Killzone 3 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 3 Nov 2010.

1. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

2. BRAWL

BRAWL Well-Known Member

I wish they'd bring Killzone out for PC :(

Although I'd love to see this backhand Halo, Looks fantastic in those shots!

3. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

has it got decent AI?

4. lp1988

lp1988 Well-Known Member

Loved the first one, but I don't have a PS3.

The first one was a must by for the PS2 and the little I have tried Killzone2 was awesome. I personally prefer the Killzone series over the halo series, I like the more gritty feeling.

And just hear the voice of Brian Cox

Last edited: 3 Nov 2010
  5. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Didn't get on with Killzone 2 when I tried it earlier in the year, could only play it for about 5 minutes at a time before I felt motion sick. Not many games do that to me.

6. Pete J

Pete J RIP Teelzebub

Agree 100%! Imagine how good it'd look!

7. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan New Member

Yeah that is on my PC wishlist since part 1. Gears of War was also such a game. One of the few console 'butt view' games I liked on the PC. Shame GOW2 is not going to be ported to PC. I am a sucker for scifi battles.

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

How many shades of brown can you fit into two pages worth of pictures?

9. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Loved the first killzone but hated the second with a passion. It was boring for one. While the visuals where good crysis still holds that crown there so for me so any game that touts to be the best looking and appear on console doesn't deserve to be taken seriously. That's all I remember from the hype about the game, not how great the action was but how it looked. Maybe it was just me not playing console games as much and not use to a controller anymore but apart from the story I don't think there was any memorable parts in the game. Give me the next timesplitters anyday.

10. lacuna

lacuna Member

I played through the second one twice before selling it and it was okay. I really didn't get along with the multiplayer though so hopefully things will have improved drastically in that respect.

11. RickTheSnake

RickTheSnake New Member

i hated killzone 2 as much as i desperately loved the first chapter... they managed to mess up nearly every single good idea brought by the original: average but well told story (or, at least, decent characters)? we don't need they, a random marine doom-style is just as good. great level design that covers multiple locations and combat scenarios? too bothersome, much better the old pattern corridor->turret section->arena, all in this beautiful gray ruined city with low res textures. the public liked the heavy feeling of certain weapons? let's give them MORE even if the game becomes unplayable, they asked for this, right?

judging by the massive budget and insane lenght of time that guerrilla spent making that game, i cannot avoid to think that they had serious issues about what they really wanted to do with the game. this, or the sony management ordered them to put up some gears of war-ish game and don't bother with the details. i hope they will fix the issues with this third chapter, but sorry, i'm not going to buy it full price this time.

12. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

haha i expect it is easier for the ps3 to process!

13. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Yeah Sony would have been clever to somehow optimize the processing of dark and brown shades, because that's all we get on FPS-games. Could someone PLEASE try something else? PLEASE.

14. REMF

REMF New Member

where is KZ3 set?

the first was london
    the second yank-land
    the third........................?

15. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm going to have to pick the second up as I haven't played it yet. The preview sounds promising!

16. Er-El

Er-El Member

I think that's Resistance... not sure. But that was set in Manchester as well.

17. REMF

REMF New Member

manchester......... truly?!?!

18. Farfalho

Farfalho New Member

Loved the first one! Bought the Network Adapter exclusively for that game and played it like there wasn't a tomorrow! It got me some time (more than the usual) to adapt to the controller but once I got used to it, it felt natural and was doing stuff almost at the speed I had on pc. Great battles and great fun! Shame I caught some exploiters ruining the experience in the Beach level.

The second I only played the demo (3 times at least) and a small portion of the full game. Never tried to resume the campaign due to various circumstances! The idea it left printed on my mind was that it was awesome! I almost cried of happiness after finishing the demo and I recall saying: "I must have this game! I really do must have it!"

Maybe Killzone 3 will make me grab the Killzone 2 and finish it. But first I have to buy a PS3 first because the one I played belongs to my brother and I won't fork out any money for a game for a console which I don't have.

19. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

Play Crysis on PC... Beatiful Island Set... Tho everyone hates that game too :p

I love it

Last edited: 3 Nov 2010
  20. Eiffie

Eiffie New Member

Killzone 1 - Planet Vekta
    Killzone 2 - Planet Helgan
    Killzone 3 - More planet Helgan, the guys from the second game end up stuck their after their fleet is wiped out.

SUPER EXCITED for killzone 3, it was a very different experience from halo and call of duty, lots of fresh ideas and with all the new tweaks and reworked ideas I am sure Killzone 3 will be a solid game that will bring it's "A" game when it comes to single-player and multi-player.

Tags: Add Tags