1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Kindle 3 replacement screen.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Fazed, 6 Jan 2011.

1. Fazed

Fazed Minimodder

Hey folks,

As the title states, I'm on the lookout for a replacement Amazon Kindle 3 screen.

In a nutshell, I was given a Kindle 3 a few months agao for my birthday. The screen quickly developed a fault and Amazon were extremely quick at sending me a replacement Kindle.

I returned the faulty Kindle to Amazon, who for some reason, decided to send it back to me again! I called to find out the reason why, and was told it was a clerical error, and not to worry about it. I could do what I wanted with the faulty Kindle.

So, wouldn't mind trying to get this up and running as I know my dad is on the lookout for an e-reader. I've had the thing apart, so I know it's not a difficult job to actually replace it, but having problems finding actually sourcing one.

Any ideas?

Ta.

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

3. Fazed

Fazed Minimodder

4. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Buy 2, sell one on ebay.....

5. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

buy 2 as you've broken it once, you might need another as spare

6. vadko

vadko What's a Dremel?

I´m having the exact same prblem, have you found anywhere to get a replacment kindle3 screen?

7. shaggydogtail

shaggydogtail What's a Dremel?

Kindle Replacement Screen

Well I've just done a stupid thing last night and knelt on my Kindle and I seem to have cracked the screen. Doh........

Has anybody managed to get hold of a replacement screen? I have emailed the man in China from one of the previous links asking how much it would cost to ship over.

8. shaggydogtail

shaggydogtail What's a Dremel?

I have just had an email in from China..... US$131 delivered, which equates to approx £81.00.....Sounds expensive if you ask me when a new Kindle is £111

9. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Is it still under warranty? Try the helpline first, I did almost exactly the same thing, called them & they've replaced it even though I admitted I leaned on it.

10. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I've seen screens on fleabay