1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Kingston SSD NOW V+ Series 128GB Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 17 Feb 2010.

1. MitchBomcanhao

MitchBomcanhao New Member

yes I understand, my own desktop takes a while going through the sata/raid stuff, but the actual OS booting time is fast.
    i really don't care about cold boot times, though, as i always hibernate my pcs, which is much faster.

2. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

As long as you can select your team before 'Waiting for players' ends, what else matters? :p

3. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Glad i purchased my Crucial M225 just before the price hike started. The windows boot times are impressive and particularly noticeable when installing updates etc, but the main benefit is just the overall impression of system responsiveness when compared to a HDD.

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Does the X25-M feel so much faster than a Vertex? I feel as though it's six of one... with the Vertex you're getting 'higher' write speeds, but Intel's offering, from various places on the net, is said to feel so much faster. Does it really just boil down to the random access speeds?

5. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Member

Basically. Sequential anythings are only really useful for copy/writing files.

I have an X-25M G2 160GB, and the only times I can think of when I would be outpaced by any other SSD is when copying something to it, but then you are more likely to be limited to the read of the other drive, so unless that is another SSD, you have no reason (other than price difference) to not go Intel.

6. Makaveli

Makaveli New Member

Amen Brother,

I went X-25M G2 160GB and never going back. My previous Windows install is on a Western digital 640GB drive and you can feel and see the difference as i dual boot both for the time being. Also helps to show doubters why the SSD was worth every cent. For some of the the graphs will never do you justice you have to use a system with an SSD. It also depends on how you use your computer if you just browse the net and use one application at a time then stick to a platter based Hard drive.

7. Xir

Xir Well-Known Member

For me the price is too high as well, we can only wait for nand-chips to become bigger, so less are needed for 128GB drives.
    True, the companies are just about breaking even...don't forget the quimonda shutdown that helps push prices up.

8. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

I just got me a couple of the 64GB V+ variants running RAID 0 with a clean install of W7 and they seem fast enough to me.

I'm going to try one in single drive config as i'm sure running RAID 0 is a waste for me and the apps i run and would rather use the other in another machine.

9. barrkel

barrkel New Member

Ah, but I have a plan for that - I'm going to buy the G2 soon enough, and low-level format the G1 and put it in my laptop...

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

:D

G2 or Sandforce.. or Indilinx?

11. eXpander

eXpander New Member

An SSD experience cannot be described by numbers only. You have to "feel" it, to see for yourself how your system operates when it's stored on an SSD. Then and only then you'll be a true believer. You CANNOT go back to booting/operating from a mechanical HDD, without tearing out every single piece of hair from your head (if you have any).

Tags: Add Tags