1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kingston Technology Launches DDR3 Hyperx Memory at 1800MHz and 1625MHz LL modules

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Guest-16, 12 Oct 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Kingston Technology Launches DDR3 Hyperx Memory with 1800MHz and introduces low- latency 1625MHz modules

HyperX 14400, 13000 Modules Push Memory Technology to Faster Speed Levels

Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it has launched high performance 1800MHz DDR3 and Low-Latency 1625MHz HyperX memory modules, riding the edge of new DDR3 memory technology with two of the fastest production speeds available.

“Kingston is taking next generation memory to new levels with the announcement of our new 1800MHz HyperX 14400 series DDR3 memory,” said Mark Bernier, European Research and Development Engineer, Kingston®. “With DDR3 technology progressing farther and faster than expected, meeting the need for speed and reaching new production performance levels is both challenging and greatly rewarding for us as a memory company.”

Lower CAS latencies typically deliver better performance — even when a module’s speed is slower — without driving thermal conditions that would require extra cooling in a high frequency system. The release of Kingston HyperX 1625MHz low-latency memory marks Kingston’s third foray into the DDR3 low-latency overclocking arena.

Tested on ASUS P5K3 Deluxe class (P35 based) motherboards, both the 1800MHz and low-latency 1625MHz HyperX are shipping in 1GB modules and 2GB memory kits. All Kingston memory comes with a lifetime warranty and 24/7 technical support.

For photography, please go to: http://www.kingston.com/ukroot/press/primages/flash.asp?prod=ValueRam&Sub=HyperX DDR3 Module

Kingston 1800MHz and Low-Latency 1625MHz DDR3 HyperX Specifications

Part Numbers Capacity and Features Manufacturer’s recommended retail price (without VAT)

KHX14400D3/1G - 1GB 1800MHz (CL8-8-8-24-1T @ 1.9V) DDR3 HyperX DIMM - £106.60

KHX14400D3K2/2G - 2GB 1800MHz (CL8-8-8-24-1T @ 1.9V) DDR3 HyperX DIMMs, (Kit of 2) - £213.25

KHX13000D3LL/1G - 1GB 1625MHz Low-Latency (CL7-7-7-20-1T @ 1.9V) DDR3 HyperX DIMM - £105.55

KHX13000D3LLK2/2G - 2GB 1625MHz Low-Latency (CL7-7-7-20-1T @ 1.9V) DDR3 HyperX DIMMs, (Kit of 2) - £210.90

About Kingston Technology Company, Inc.

Kingston Technology Company, Inc. is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Kingston designs, manufactures and distributes memory products for desktops, laptops, servers, printers, and Flash memory products for PDAs, mobile phones, digital cameras, and MP3 players. Through its global network of subsidiaries and affiliates, Kingston has manufacturing facilities in California, Malaysia, Taiwan, China and sales representatives in the United States, Europe, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, India, Taiwan, China, and Latin America.

For more information, please visit: www.kingston.com/europe

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Should drop in price soon, I would hope. It needs to!

3. cosmic

cosmic What's a Dremel?

Interesting, both cost about he same so which would give the better performance in an X38 board ?
    2GB 1800MHz (CL8-8-8-24-1T @ 1.9V)
    2GB 1625MHz Low-Latency (CL7-7-7-20-1T @ 1.9V)

pricing differential with DDR2 (faster chips) still very steep but improving by the month

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

They will both likely use the same chips and are interchangable.

5. EmJay

EmJay What's a Dremel?

Had to do a double take there - the P5K3 Deluxe only goes up to 1333MHz FSB. Perhaps they're using engineering samples of the next generation of boards? What a nightmare that must be, my (admittedly limited) experience is that sample motherboards are incredibly unreliable, and Asus high end boards are finicky anyway. Or maybe it's good, then you can blame any problems on the board. :worried:

Meh. I don't like Kingston anyway, their failure rates tripled a couple of months back. Turns out they changed chip suppliers. Maybe they'll get it sorted, my employer's moved to a different brand anyway.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No they just overclock the FSB. To get 1,800MHz your CPU needs to run at 450FSB - the X38 works the same. Can't say Asus boards are finicky and I've used loads :confused:

Chip use depends on what module brand you buy - performance stuff like this will use Micron D9 like everyone else, but low end stuff will either be Elpida (sp?) or Quinoma (sp?).

7. EmJay

EmJay What's a Dremel?

My company used to sell a lot of Striker Extreme motherboards, which were quite popular, but we finally dropped them because they gave us so many problems. It was a lot of weird stuff, especially going into/coming out of standby, and some strange incompatibilities. The P5N32-E SLI (same board, minus a couple features) has also given us some similar problems. The P5WDH has also given us way more trouble than it's worth. So yeah, I have a pretty low impression of Asus boards, especially the high end ones. They've told us that their market strategy is to be a 'plus one' company - always have one more feature than the competition - which IMHO is the root of the problem. More features = more to break/not work right the first time. Of course, I may be biased, since I demand very very little from my computer - the features are all so much clutter to me. :)

8. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Cheap for DDR3 looking good for next build.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's not exclusive to the Striker Extreme unfortunately, many 680i's have problems - although they have been particularly bad for us :(

The Plus version of this is excellent, however.

I used a "spare" one of these for about 3-4 months without issue :confused: Spose it's like anything - people will argue about what harddrives, mobos, cpus, memory etc they like and have had good or bad experiences with. Unfortunately there's no magic formula other than to go by experience.

10. EmJay

EmJay What's a Dremel?

Yeah, the P5WDH boards that worked, worked fine. The failure rates were just too high to be practical for us. QFT for the rest. :D