1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Form Factor Kobol Helios64

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gareth Halfacree, 25 Oct 2020.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah, he's clearly a d!ck who thinks being involving in the dev team elevates him above mere mortals and give him carte blanche to sh!tpost wherever he likes.

2. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Wow. That doesn't make for good reading.

3. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Wowzers. How did a politely worded request from some advice on software updates turn into an attack on open source projects for which you should clearly be coding for!

Your patience to respond logically far exceeds mine. People like that don't deserve the time of day.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Sadly, he's the founder - so he's right, he does have carte blanche to take a big ol' steamer wherever he likes. I meanwhile, have carte blanche to either figure out how to get mainline Ubuntu on there or flog it and buy something I *can* get mainline Ubuntu onto.
    He does it all the time. Someone asked Kobol about WOL support, which isn't available (and probably never will be) but which was on the feature list at the time of pre-order, and he jumped in with substantially the same rant. That got deleted, though, for some reason.

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

That'd be nice. Update the reviews with something along the lines of "great bit of kit hamstrung shitty software, but here's a link to my guide to run Ubuntu instead".

Potentially reducing his user base is almost as satisfying as booting him in the nads.

Last edited: 26 Feb 2021
  6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I dunno, it seems like he actually *wants* a project with developers but no users...