1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Komplett shuts down UK services

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Jun 2008.

1. Jhonbus

Jhonbus What's a Dremel?

I bought from komplett before, they had pretty good prices. I think more people would have used them if their website wasn't so rubbish. People with hardware sales websites need to learn a thing or two from places like overclockers and scan.

2. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Both my samsung monitors came from them, since in at least one case they seemed to be the only stockist (and in the other they were the cheapest)

3. mp3manager

mp3manager What's a Dremel?

Damn...I always used Komplett as they were one of the few companies to give you a choice of courier.

Parcelforce is the most convenient for me....depot is 500yds away. Most other e-tailers use Citylink...their nearest depot is a round trip of 75 miles. :^<
    With the price of fuel today, it was cheaper to pay a few pounds extra at Komplett for items, rather than the cheapest deal at Scan/ebuyer/ocuk/tekheads...then have to spend £20 on fuel to collect my stuff.

4. Mister_X

Mister_X Chaotic Neutral

Won't miss them personally, overpriced, Scan is cheaper for everything.

Also took me over 3 months to get my money back because THEY sent me someone elses stuff.

5. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

I liked them because they didn't screw over NI for shipping... :sigh:

6. centy

centy DFI Nutter

That's unfortunate, used them a few times and they where always good.

7. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Komplett had a customer care forum at Hexus way back in 2004, worked very well too, fast effective response to any moans (STFU).

I bought my penultimate upgrade - A7N8X-E Deluxe board, along with CPU, memory and GPU - from them in 2004 and a Plextor burner in 2003, and knowing me they must have been the best prices around at the time. No complaints on service.

I always got them confused with Kustom, probably didn't help their brand awareness. :duh:

8. korben

korben What's a Dremel?

Shame. I used them several times, only had a little issue with shipping times, although that might also have been my own lack of patience ;)

Tags: Add Tags