1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Konami shares drop after MGS4 delay

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Nov 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Not suprising, their games are late and the ones that are out show that there developers aren't cutting it. I bet the shares drop has nowt to do with MGS4 but the fact that the other big title they dropped this week is pathetic, as much as I enjoy Pro Evo 08 it is a shambles compared to the strides EAs devs have made with Fifa 08, shame Fifa doesn't have the fun gameplay of pro evo.

Konami need to kick the devs into gear and produce quality not half hearted shite thats just a cash in.

I should note I actually do really enjoy PES2008 despite its issues (looks and feels like a PS2 port, with slow down perfectly emulated :rolleyes: ) but a lot of people can't look past the issues and are being sent towards Fifa for a good soccer game.

Last edited: 1 Nov 2007
  3. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

That's a bit harsh isn't it? From what I've seen of the trailers and in-game demos of MGS4, *none* of it looked like half hearted shite. To me a huge amount of effort, time and skill had/has gone into the game.

"Half-hearted shite" and "complex techincal obstacles" such as reliable network code for multiplayer are two different things. :eyebrow:

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Reference was more related to PES2008 rather the MGS4, I can't really comment on MGS4 until its out.

PES6 on PS2 came out a very long time ago, the network code should have improved by now and the game should be a lot better than it is, when Seabass holds a press conference about the game (PES2008) and spends his time apologizing for how bad it is and promises to fix it for 2009 you know they are ashamed, they should have held it back rather than worry about the fact that Fifa might get all the sales, releasing the game as they have done just makes them look crap and doesn't really give you much incentive to even trust they could get a decent varient out of the door next time.

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i think i am going to try to get hold of some konami shares......

6. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

360 verison of MGS4 (which we all know is coming) would boost shares and sales, just need the announcement now......

7. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

I will be very surprised if it comes to 360 considering this late in the game they haven't stated it......secondly the previous MGS didn't go over very well from what I have heard......

Tags: Add Tags