1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Koolance, the epitome of incompetence?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Otto69, 1 Jul 2009.

1. Otto69

Otto69 What's a Dremel?

Months ago I ordered a water block for my 4870x2 card. It arrived quickly, but the interior was greasy and the acrylic cover had micro cracks where the crossfire nozzle holes were drilled. They never responded to my request for assistance and I ended up making my own acrylic cover.

Now I go to install the block on the card and find that the parts I have don't match the instructions with the block (which advise using the [non] supplied insulating washers to secure the card tothe block, as well as using the supplied "thumb nuts" to "fill empty holes on the card." Sunday I submitted the request for help, it's now wednesday with no response. I even tried to call them (long distance fees apply since they have no 800 number) and a note on the website says their phone system is having problems . Naturally I couldn't get through.

It really makes you wonder what kind if idiots run the company: no response to web support requests, no working phone number, and no toll free support number. Something to consider when buying their products.

2. Otto69

Otto69 What's a Dremel?

I just heard back. My 3rd message was a bit more complaining tone, and fortunately they responded: "Yes using the angled head machine bolts is fine, most blocks do have insulating washers but it is not necessary for the 487X2. As for filling the holes, that should not be necessary either."

In other words, the instructions that come with the water block are wrong.

3. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Use PTS/SWC/et al instead?

4. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Email back and put Attn: Dean or Tim in there. They're both stand-up guys who helped me sort some issues with a completely unsupported motherboard. They're also US support.

Koolance has changed incredibly-I'd call them one of the better brands out there right now. Strange to say it, but I calls them like I sees them. The guys in support are part of why. They're smart, helpful and easy to deal with-at least to me. YMMV...