1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam L4D 1 vs 2? survival mode in both?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kindberg, 28 Nov 2009.

1. Kindberg

Kindberg What's a Dremel?

hey, just saw the good offer that steam got with L4D 1 atm, so tempted to pick it up while I wait for L4D2 to drop in price, but just how different are the two games? I see they are only a year from each other, are there the survival mode in the first also where you just get bum rushed all the time or? and are there any other modes "missing" in the first?

2. Tesla effect

Tesla effect AKA ZombieKiller1

In L4D1 you get campaign, survival & versus modes.

3. krakatoa3

krakatoa3 How hard can it be??

In the first you don't get scavenge mode and realism which I personally haven't got that into yet. I find myself going back to survival mode the most and some of the L4D1 maps were better in my opinion (No Mercy mainly). There is a certain amount of repetition in the campaign in the first when replaying which you don't get in the second, but other than that I think they are pretty similar. The new zombies I find quite average on fun factor but I suppose it is something different. Hope this helps.

4. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

At less than £7 even if you hate it, it's completely worth it :rock:

5. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Thats the kind of logic that makes most of Steam's money...

6. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

And everyone else, you can't tell me if you walk into a shop and see a £7 game that you've heard great things about you aren't tempted to buy it?

7. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

extremely tempted :D

8. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

L4D2 is an improvement over L4D in nearly every single way, so if you haven't played either I recommend getting the second one.

And the full price is absolutely worth it. I personally adore the games and would put them in my all time top five without hesitation.

Tags: