1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam L4D Crash Course Campaign

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Krikkit, 29 Sep 2009.

1. Akava

Akava Lurking...

I guess I was one of the lucky few that had help from friends and didn't have to worry about the AI. As has already been said, a bit short for my liking, though I found that as it was a little less linear in places; it was quite enjoyable. My only gripe would be the ridiculous amount of weapon and ammo points.

2. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Agree!

3. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Far FAR too short!

The anticipation, waiting, and the scurrying of 9 people on TS finding the best location to change to download the content.

To then play for 25mins and complete a really easy campaign, even if i did have the 3 worst teammates in my clan....im not kidding one guy ran ahead and got incapped ALL THE TIME. The other two stoner facers cant shoot for **** and have no idea what teamwork is, they are all about self preservation. So i let them die towards the end and completed it with only one other team member ahah.

4. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Quite intense map for how short it is, its like they condenced 5maps into 2.
    Noticed also a LOT of pickups littered around the map, however as DarkLord stated, the bots are a bit stupid at times.

On a slightly different note, unfortunately some of my gaming buddies had ISP issues, with Tiscali/Pipex/F2S/TalkTalk/Carphone Warehouse blocking steam.

Even though I did not suffer from such infliction, I was quite narked not to be able to play with buddies, as such I did quite a bit of extensive testing last night trying to resolve it using a VPN and then this morning some extra searching.

I managed to find some information to work around this conneciton issue which can be found here.

5. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Yes, but wasn't that the point? I thought Valve wanted to create a shorter campaign with versus in mind. Wasn't it their intention to cater to people who just wanted a "quick" go on versus mode? After all, some versus matches can go on for over an hour and a half.

However I am bit disappointed with there only being 1 campaign. I thought there may have been a campaign for every gap, for example:

1. No Mercy - Death Toll (Crash Course)
    2. Death Toll - Dead Air (???)
    3. Dead Air - Blood Harvest (???)

I can only assume that maybe Crash Course is a mixture of ideas/sections of the game that Valve cut from the final game, for whatever reason.

6. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

7. Stickeh

Sweet, i'll go restart my steam severs then!

8. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Let me know if you get yours to work.. I still can't connect to mine, it's becoming incredibly frustrating. I've run the update god knows how many times :wallbash:

9. Stickeh

Cant get em to work :(

10. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Going to give it some lovin' this weekend.

11. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Holy hell on a stick this is brutal on expert. :/

Me and my 3 mates always play the other campaigns on expert and, though it can take a couple of hours sometimes, we normally always get to the finale. This one we could barely make it out the door before a tank or witch ruined it all. The hordes always seem to come when your in a bad spot.

EDIT:

I also notice alot of you mentioning bots. What are you doing playing with bots?! :p Grab some buddies, get on the mics, whack up the difficulty and the game becomes something entirely different.

Last edited: 1 Oct 2009
  12. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Downloaded but still to try it.

13. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Short, but brutal and great fun. I appreciate the more open ended design as well a lot, makes for more interesting games.

Plus, on my first Versus go with randoms, we incapped the survivors within 10 seconds of starting, giving them a total score of 5. Whoop!

14. DarkLord7854

Map's boring as hell.. my friends and I consistently only play 3-10% of each map on Infected before we incap everyone.

15. RAY16

RAY16 Grand Potatomaster

Played through the campaign with a friend and two bots earlier this morning. It's unfortunate that it's only two parts, but I enjoyed it.

16. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

pretty fun map, and i did enjoy the section with the generator.
    But there is one downside to that, there is an achievement for restarting the generator within 30 seconds of it going off. We managed this, yet only the person who actually does it gets the achievement. Seems odd to me as it takes a team effort to do it

17. Stickeh

Nah it doesn't :p Just takes whoever is quickest off the line, its only when you're out there alone and get pounced / dragged after the restart that the team becomes involved haha.

18. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

I thought the campaign was average to be honest... the layout of the levels was sometimes confusing and samely throughout...the ending too easy.. It was decent fun though whilst it lasted, and free ... so thanks for that.

Im glad that L4D2 is out next month.. its about time something fresh was brought into the game.

Hopefully the AI and infected will get a much needed IQ boost in L4D2 as well.

19. DarkLord7854

What bothers me about CC is that the finale isn't a separate level, which kills the enjoyment factor of the final level by 75% for me, since all the other finale levels are extremely short and made to really put the focus on the actual finale event.

20. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    I liked that.
    If the AI Director does it job, L4D2 will be even more confusing.

Tags: