1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows l4d2 the passing out next week...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by erratum1, 17 Apr 2010.

1. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

I completed it inside of 44 minutes and the only reason it took that look was I was looking around even doing that I still managed to get 4 of the 10 new achievements hopefully the mutations will make up for it over the next few weeks. All in all though it was a bit of a let down

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Hmm. Somewhat disappointed too.
    Hopefully the L4D1 DLC will tie the two together nicely.

3. Roboduck

Roboduck 01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

I have to agree. This is the first time I have been let down by valve. I was expecting a little more than just adding "survivors" acting as turrets.

4. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

My wife and I were 2 gas cans away from the end, then the server died and we got disconnected. Boo.

Finally made it through, and I think it's OK at best. The new achievements don't seem very hard to get; I had most of them after the second game. The new fallen survivor is just annoying because he simply runs away. It seems like his sole purpose was to provide an achievement. The first map was completely unmemorable, and it seems like the addition of the hard rain was due to the lack of anything else interesting in it. The second map with the rolling crescendo in the tunnels was a bit better, but the crescendo itself is a tad easy. I think Valve is still trying to figure out the right balance with the rolling crescendo idea, because they're either too easy, or ridiculously hard. I thought the finale/scavenge was more difficult than the Dead Center campaign finale because the gas cans were more spread out, and it takes longer to gather them up. Plus, multiple tanks can wreak havoc if they spawn when you're on the opposite side from the turrets original survivors.

I also agree with everyone else that the addition of the original survivors was less than I'd hoped, given all the hype that surrounded their inclusion. I still miss Zoey. :(

Overall I'm happy that Valve have offered additional content free of charge. On the other hand, I think it's worth what I paid.

5. Orionche

Orionche Guest

I could live with that. We spent 30 minutes changing hosts to see if there would be any difference. Turned out, there was none. None of us could have hosted 4 people properly for some reason (and we're all too lazy to mess around with router settings (I can't even forward ports so I don't bother)).