1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows LAN near Birmingham - 20th nov

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AndyDEL, 10 Sep 2009.

1. AndyDEL

AndyDEL What's a Dremel?

Hi guys..

I'm normally not one for LANs...

But in August i went to one organized by these guys, i hadn't been to one since i7... So we talking quite a few years ago (7-8 years?).. But thought as this one was 15 mins up the road, i'd pop along as something different to do.. Wife thought i was weird ;).

It was great fun.. Obviously a little unusual hearing people shout 'Fail' all about the place.. But the organizer is a good chap and comes up and welcomes any new people, has a chat with you about games and introduces you to others so you don't feel like some pillock. Was handy for me as i havent really gamed in donkeys years, just odd bit of supreme commander or CS:Source when i get bored. Also nice to see a couple of older chaps there, so i didn't feel completely out of place being 25.

http://www.gameon.co.uk/gameon/gameon-lan-79-announced-for-november

Anyway one up now for 20th of November for the weekend.. Only £35 if you pay early. Will extend it to more than 40 people if more people sign up... Have good facilities and serve food (altho just burgers, chips, sandwichs etc) at the event.. Tesco is only a 10 min walk up the road to. Also plenty of safe parking within the race course.

Even convinced a mate of mine to goto this one as a few of the guys are into Supreme Commander ;).

Last edited: 10 Sep 2009
  2. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Wow, GameOn have been around for yearssssss. I used to play CS with a load of those guys, pre 1.6.

I might actually be up for this, you know. Live in Leamington Spa so it's not really a trek for me.

3. AndyDEL

AndyDEL What's a Dremel?

Yeah they’ve been going about as long as i series has, or so Rasher the organizer told me.

It’s perfect for me, as it’s 15 mins up the road. Means i can just drive home for the night to get some kip.

I found it a nice alternative to just getting wasted with my friends on a weekend... Cheaper to.

Also it wasn’t so ‘Intense gaming 24/7’.. You’d have a game, and then stand about having a chat rather than just letting your eyes dissolve in front of a monitor all weekend.

Last edited: 10 Sep 2009
  4. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

First thing I've read in ages that had me sat here "Laughing out loud" all I could visualise were some poor guys (or girls!) eyes melting in front of a PC and them ending up as a mushy mess in front of a keyboard and them still playing the game having not noticed their eyes have dissolved! lol :D

Last edited: 12 Sep 2009
  5. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

I'm signed up. Anyone else going?

6. AndyDEL

AndyDEL What's a Dremel?

yerp ;)

I'm signed up as sprite

I'm gonna be joining the group of fellas i played supcom with as they asked me to once they set it up, so i'll be sat by them like before. I can let them know you're going and you can sit with us lot if you want.

7. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Nice one. I'll keep my eyes open for you dude. I'm bribing some of my mates to come along so should be a good laugh.

8. AndyDEL

AndyDEL What's a Dremel?

Same :)

Got a mate of mine who's never been to a LAN before but is into his strat games to come.. Company of Heroes, Supcom etc.. He's in the army, so hasn't told anyone including his GF he is going.. Is just 'away for the weekend' lol. Tough luck that the first opportunity i get i'm gonna let slip.

Think my plan is to go LAN friday night majority of the night, go home and crash.. (Live 15 mins away).. Then LAN majority of the day Saturday and come back to mine and go out in Burton Upon Trent to get trashed. My wife is away ;). Plus don't get to see that mate much due to being based down south, so need to go for a few drinks at least. Then turn back up on the sun for more gaming.

May bring my Result Espace, so if anyone else wants to go get mullered on sat night they can come along and crash at my place.

Providing they're not weird. Don’t wanna be going round the pubs with people shouting “LOL” or “FAIL”.

Last edited: 21 Sep 2009
  9. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Haha, bang on mate. Bang on.

10. Platinum

Platinum What's a Dremel?

Been to every GO lan since Jan 2004 and enjoyed everyone, always a good laugh, its the people that make it, always up for a laugh and got time for anyone :)
    Never seen any trouble at lans eather.

11. Platinum

Not long now, still places avaliable and afaik if the places all go more can be opened up.

12. Platinum

13. Platinum

Not long to go now, bookings close on Wednesday afaik