1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lan on the 16th March

Discussion in 'General' started by ProSilverDragon, 14 Mar 2004.

1. ProSilverDragon

ProSilverDragon What's a Dremel?

Lan party going down on the 16th (Tuesday) In Gilbert Arizona if any body is interested. Sorry about the short notice, I got caught up in school work and job work. I’m excepting around 15 people for this event if your interested make sure to get hold of me so that I can set up more tables. The games we will be playing will be what ever people bring but mainly first person shooters and RPG’s. There will also be 3 Xbox’s to game on, fully equipped with ton’s of games.

Admission is $10 dollars (Soda & Food)
    Tournament is $5 dollars (Unreal 2004 demo 1vs1) First place takes home a PC caring case.
    Starts: Tuesday morning and ends Wednesday night.

P.S. here is a web page I put together last min from the past LAN’s I have organized. :D

2. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

cover charge for a 15 person lan?

im sorry but why?

3. Forsaken

Forsaken GameFaction.com

To cover costs of finding somewhere to host it ?, people have to pay or someone ends up out of pocket for all the costs.

Edit: Jumped the gun a little, i could understand the costs if it dint look like it was in someones house.....

4. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

fair enough

just im used to hosting 10 person lans for free, so r my m8s so its a bit odd to me :D

5. Forsaken

Forsaken GameFaction.com

aye, nice if you can do, im used to gettin charged a bit for our local one, but there is the costs of the room that its done in and all that, and the gear they got to run things, so all in all 4 quid for the day (9am-9pm) aint too bad.

6. ProSilverDragon

:sigh: Forsaken is right, In the past It has hurt my pockets. I have little luck in finding places that will sponsor little community lans. I did get bawls to sponsor us one time but there representatives were nasty people =\ In the future I’m going to look for some more sponsors to help lower the costs because I hate discouraging new and old gamers from playing. For sure I will sponsor the next lan party half or full price ^_^ (that will be when school lets out)

7. kenshin

kenshin Banned

i have to say tommehs lans are great :)

Cant you find someone with a large enough house to host?

8. ProSilverDragon

Yes and No =P I almost got a house from a friend that was leaving out of town, but his family decided to go a week after spring break =\ Ivan's house is no charge also but we would have to play out side like we did in some of those photos I linked earlier (and now the weather is to hot to do it again =P) So the last resort is my house and my folks are asking for some money this time for there inconvenience, which is totally understand able seeing that its two days long ^_^

Last edited: 14 Mar 2004