1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other LAN PARTY!(all nighter)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jamsand, 16 Jan 2014.

1. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

So yes I'll be throwing a LAN party on the 5th of April in order to raise cash for maggies cancer care all profits go to charity and I'm hoping to have around 30 people all in. The night will be held in Glasgow central at 1levelup lan center. They have 10 gaming pc's(specs below) some consoles tv's and 9ish unused 1080 screens. I'd welcome anyone from the forums to join us as i know a few on here are from near me and strongly encourage BYOC cause lans and we may as well show off to the console peasants(pc master race! :p )

I'm planning a few tournaments 3 i think mainly focusing on pc but also wii(party console if nothing else)

suggested games:
    WOT
    tf2
    CSS
    CS:GO
    COD4/COD4 hide and seek
    Smash Bros Brawl/Melee
    GH3

I have around 10 people confirmed as coming and of those 2 will be bringing pc's(for sure) I plan on having a rota system for the 10 pc's that are there but if you BYOC then obviously it's all yours we can supply upto 9 monitors and more if you want the old 1024x768 or bring your own and we'll make space.

Night will cost a tenner a head and includes gaming from 9pm-9am. If you're interested reply on here and gimme a pm and hopefully we'll have an awesome night and raise some money for a good cause.

pc spec:
    i5 760
    gtx 460
    8gb RAM
    (yes we're used to far higher in these forums but they're still playable just not in ultra(did say they needed an upgrade though :p))

2. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

3. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Glasgow! Nice!:)
    I hope I'll have time to pop in.

4. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Would love to attend but I'm afraid it's a fair trip from central Cornwall to Glasgow.

Just in case you haven't thought of it already, you should drop the team at Kustom PCs an email about your charity LAN as they're often good at supporting LAN events up in Scotland and they're a great bunch.

5. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

+1 to both bits (although I'm not quite as far as Cornwall)

KustomPC are great, supported several LANs down in Loughborough despite the distance/hassle etc, being in Scotland will work in your favour and I'm sure they'll be happy to help somehow./