1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Laptop bags, To help you deside what to buy (lots of pics)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The cheapskate, 26 Oct 2005.

1. The cheapskate

The cheapskate One custom title before Matty

Laptop bags.

Just a thought, but why dont we have a thread in which people can take a few pics of there laptop bag, and write a few words about it, and idealy provide a link to were we can buy it.

(as haveing just bought this its a pain in the arse with out some recomendations)

It may help people decide as the manufactures pics are usualy a wee crapo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, Im quitee pleased, its a firm strong bag, that doesnt look to bad, (much better than the last) the air tech, stuff in the bottom does seem to be pretty good, and i trust my laptop in it, theres more space for folders, and a4 Paper, even the plugs and my evternal hard drive all fit in without a problem.

Any way, you can buy one here, 4 £35 ish

http://www.tecair.co.uk/store/productdetails.asp?ProductId=68

2. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

Thought I'd join in...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's made by Antler, I purchased it at PC World around 2 weeks ago. For £29.99 it came complete with a free Microsoft Optical Mouse!

Rigid construction, leather handle, nylon (I believe) casing. Lots of compartments for CDs, cabling, paper work etc. I've used it daily since purchase and cannot fault it. And for the price it was an absolute bargain - the mouse is decent too.

3. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Had an antler once, but now it's getting obvious its a laptop bag, everyone's got it! Here's mine:

[​IMG]
    The bag from the front, it has 5 compartments, and each compartment has more compartments, the second from the front has holders for pens and other small things.

[​IMG]
    The second from back compartment is the main one for storage, I put my folders in there, there is also two small compartments, useful for putting in paper without it getting crushed.

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/6298/bag36ht.jpg
    The bag from the top(ish)

[​IMG]
    The bag from the back, with two spongy straps and a little strap window so you can see the function inside, just like a computer case window.

[​IMG]
    The laptop comparment at the back, the thick spongy thing at the back protects the laptop, and your back for that matter. There is plenty of space in it, an enough for a widescreen laptop and its powersupply, I can even fit my portable scanner and my laptop in that compartment.

[​IMG]
    This compartment has two small pockets, perfect for your network cables, or PCMCIA adaptors to put in.

This bag is the Jansport Airlift and is blue in colour, its a fabulous bag, very comfortable and hardwearing, it is on the expensive side at £84.99, but comes with a 30 year guarentee, make sure you keep the reciept in an airtight bag so it lasts 30 years! And its not so obvious that there is a laptop in this bag. I bought it in an emergency at Gatwick airport after the strap on my old bag snapped on the way to the boarding gate to America, went to the nearest bag shop and grabbed this as it was in the computer bag shelf. :)

4. zmodder

zmodder What's a Dremel?

i have a targus backpack style one, its rugged holds 2 binders and my laptop!! (it is quite huge tho...) but one of the only ones that fit my toshiba 5205-s505 and i luv it :D get a backpack style one u will be happier the shoulder ones kill my shoulder.

5. Wolfe

Wolfe What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's a Briggs and Riley monster. The only bag i could find that could handle a 17" laptop at my local luggage store (i like to handle things before buying).

Price was $199. However, it comes with a if-you-break-it-we-will-fix-it-or-replace-it PERIOD lifetime warranty. Also, it is very heavy duty, and has tons of other pockets (i regularly cram 2 laptops in it) with no problems, except for my shoulder.

*Edit* - the pics are on a geocities account, so be patient - it exceeds it's transfer allocations regularly.

6. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Its served me well enough