1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks laptop for girlfriends brother

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chewbaccas_nan, 20 Nov 2013.

1. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

2. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Would seriously recommend a desktop for serious CAD, and design work. For 1k you'll get a lot more for your money.

Personally I would be looking at the Dell XPS range of laptops as I have never had a bad experience with them.

Looking on Scan or Ebuyer wouldn't do you too much harm either. Stick to a good brand like HP, Dell or similar and you shouldn't be too far off the mark.

Hope this helps.

3. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

I have explained that but he wants the portability/mobility of a laptop. Thanks I'll have a look around. What are Asus like as a brand for laptops? The one in the link seems quite good.

4. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

For serious work there really is only one brand/model to consider: Thinkpad T Series from Lenovo.
    The track record speaks for its self. I have family members who manage tech for large companies 1k plus employees and the time they switched from IBM to Dell the failure rate of the Hardware went up 400%. But remember not all Lenovo is Thinkpad.