1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks LAPTOP HELP PLEASE, ITS NEEDED

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 1st time modder, 23 Dec 2005.

1. 1st time modder

1st time modder What's a Dremel?

I was looking into the same type of situation as a similar post by ordering through rockdirect, however since i am in the US, would shipping kill the cost? Same with insurance because of the high value of the product. What about ordering it without an operating system even though it doesn's say that you can, meaning the shipping would basically be free (insurance not included, is it even necessary). (I have a corporate cd master disc for mce 2005, bank!).
    I looked at US retailers for custom computer and found out that an 800$USD price different exists between a similarly designed computer from PROSTAR. Any help?

2. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

So you're thinking about purchasing a laptop from the UK instead of the US?

I would look to sourcing it from the US, as you guys get things a LOT cheaper than us. Afterall, we're 'rip-off Britain'.

EDIT: Just spotted you'd already tried sourcing from US. If it works out a lot cheaper importing from rockdirect, then go for it. Though whereas if you ordered it in the US, you'd probably get it within a week, it could take a lot longer importing it.

3. 1st time modder

1st time modder What's a Dremel?

The added price over there is because of VAT, but that is completely eliminated when shipping overseas, and tax for that matter also (buying in the US :waah: ). Has anyone here ordered internationally from rock direct and if so how long did was the waiting period, did the box recieve any damage, etc...

EDIT: Any good customizable laptops with a go 7800gtx for less than 1800$, since i have been unable to find any with the exception of rock direct.

4. alastor

alastor Minimodder