My wife's laptop doesn't react to having an AC adapter plugged in, but it can still run off of battery. (I charge her battery in my laptop and all is well, but that gets old quick.) Any ideas as to what could be causing this? I popped it open and didn't notice anything popped or burnt, all the traces seem in tact and the capacitors are happily sitting there without so much as a bead of capci-juice running down the side. I'm hoping to be told "oh, that problem, just shake it this way, spray some air here, and off you go", but so far HP has just been telling me it is a $400 job and I have to wait a month to get it back.