1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

laptop or desktop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by computerman5, 8 Jan 2008.

1. computerman5

computerman5 What's a Dremel?

I am thinking about gettting a new machine, I want something solid and good for gaming but not that expensive (at most $1000). What I am wondering now should I just get my desktop upgreaded or should I buy a new laptop, I've just got to know a good deal (HP DV9700t Laptop: Core 2 Duo 2.20GHz 2GB 250GB $1000), I am seriously thinking about this one, how do you like it? Some of my friends told me to go with the Dell, but personally I don't like Dell very much.

2. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

i personally like hp even less then dell, but i would say go for the desktop

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Unless you need the portability, you'll get a better desktop for your money, plus you get a proper keyboard and a better screen. :)

4. IAmATeaf

IAmATeaf Minimodder

Depends what your intented use is to be honest, if you're into gaming or video encoding then I'd personally opt for a full blown desktop.

5. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Naaaaahh. One more vote for Desktop.

6. Renze

Renze What's a Dremel?

Like oasked said, unless u need portability, go for the desktop. It may take up more room, but you get a bigger screen, more comfort and slightly higher spec for your money.

7. fathom17

fathom17 What's a Dremel?

I loved our laptop when we got one, until it broke, and i couldn't fix it myself, like i can a desktop. So now i'm getting a desktop. Laptops are good for the garden though.

8. Muffins17

Muffins17 What's a Dremel?

Whereas you can upgrade a desktop easily, you'll find that laptop running out of steam REAL fast.

My mate has a 'top of the line' Alienware gaming laptop, and after a year its already starting to struggle more with the newer games.

so unless you need the portability Desktop!

And even then if you need a laptop to do workk on out and about, i'd get a real cheap crappy laptop and a desktop for gaming. (not your situation i know)

9. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Lappies suck in graphics performance, you really don't want one if you're interested in gaming...