1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics [Laptop screen] How-To???

Discussion in 'Modding' started by white modder, 14 Feb 2004.

1. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

totally forgot about my own problem. dos someone understand this?

Flat Panel Connections
    Signal Pin
    S 1
    CP1 2
    CP2 3
    Vdd 4
    Vss 5
    Vee 6
    Vss 7
    DU0 8
    DU1 9
    DU2 10
    DU3 11
    DL0 12
    DL1 13
    DL2 14
    DL3 15
    no idea what they mean with DU DL Vss and so on.

Last edited: 28 Apr 2005
  2. theshadow27

theshadow27 What's a Dremel?

du0-3 and dl0-3 are 4 bit parallal data lines
    PNL0-7 is an 8 bit parallal data line

if it is a B&W screen, my guess is Du and Dl are colloums and rows, and Pn is an 8 bit grayscale value

SHFCLK is the parallal shift clock, sais when the next parallal byte is ready to be shifted

Vcc = primary positive supply
    Vdd = secondary supply (usaly positive)
    Vee = negitive supply, a Vee- would be gnd for Vee?
    Vss = ground for any 'V' pin (not nessesarly shielding, ect)

VddSW should be a power switch, connect Vdd to this pin to turn it on

thats as far as i can get you... i hope someone with more LCD experence then me can help with the other pins

3. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

sorry had to much pins in there. but thanks already. edited my first post,so now only the pins of the lcd are there. so would i get this one with vesa working?

4. theshadow27

theshadow27 What's a Dremel?

i dont think that LCD will work with VESA... it has the wrong pins

5. PaulW

PaulW What's a Dremel?

Sorry to resurect this post... but I'm having problems finding the specsheet for the screen I have...

Toshiba LTM15C425

15" TFT (1024x768)

I thought I already had the specs for this screen, but cant seem to find them :(

I also have an old 8" DSTN Screen from a Very old NEC Versa 486-SX 25 Laptop (which still works) so would it be worth researching that screen too, although the quality is pants!

6. netbear

netbear What's a Dremel?

Well, I have a display from an IBM Thinkpad 600, p/n: 00K3190 (00K3120, 00K3121 II). Don't ask why there are 3 p/ns at the device, I have no idea.

I have been seraching for hours for any info about it but havent found anything so if someone finds any info please send me a mail or pm.

/Björn

7. Ave

Ave What's a Dremel?

so i found my old laptop it's an oliveti if i am not wrong the screen is hitachi
    lmg9900zwcc the only info that i found on it some one that post an pinout
    on the dathe forum
    bat i cannot het nothing from it here it is think i can use this screen?
    sorry for my bad english

http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/799377/23

8. Daenris

Daenris What's a Dremel?

I know the original portion of this topic is quite old, but I was wondering if any of the people to get this working are still around/reading it. I have an old ATI Rage II+ card that has an ATI Multimedia Channel connector on board, which is a modified VESA connector (has the 26 pins, but another 14, though pins 25, 27, and 28 are absent, but all the pinouts of VESA connectors I've seen say pin 25 isn't used anyway). I also have a 10.4" Philips LCD/Touchscreen that I'm trying to find the pinout for (LDH102T-33). I have the pinout for an older version of it, and it may be the same, may not.

In any case, I was wondering first off, do the instructions on page 3 of the thread work for 256 colors, or is that just the 16 color version?

Second, where would people recommend I buy the end connectors for my cable to construct. It's been awhile since I've done any cable making or soldering, so I'm out of the loop :)

Of course I also need to check my LCD. It's got a metal back plate that I have to take off to see if it's already got an inverter attached.

Also, on the page 3 instructions, it has the secondary colors wired to Pixel data 3. Does that actually mean Pixel Data 3, Pixel Data 4, and Pixel Data 5 (since there are R1, G1, and B1)?

Thanks

9. Daenris

Daenris What's a Dremel?

Okay... I've officially found the pinout for my exact model LCD, via www.vivisimo.com (after searching for nearly a week with Google).

Pin
    1 VDDSAFE
    2 NC
    3 NC
    4 NC
    5 NC
    6 GND
    7 NC
    8 ENAB
    9 GND
    10 LP
    11 FLM
    12 GND
    13 SHFCLK
    14 GND
    15 NC
    16 NC
    17 GND
    18 NC
    19 B3
    20 GND
    21 B4
    22 B5
    23 GND
    24 B6
    25 B7
    26 GND
    27 NC
    28 NC
    29 GND
    30 G2
    31 G3
    32 GND
    33 G4
    34 G5
    35 GND
    36 G6
    37 G7
    38 GND
    39 NC
    40 NC
    41 GND
    42 NC
    43 R3
    44 GND
    45 R4
    46 R5
    47 GND
    48 R6
    49 R7
    50 GND

I'm a bit confused, simply because it doesn't list R1,R2,B1,B2, or G1 (though it does have G2). Do you think I should just wire the first ones (in this case R3, G2, and B3) or do you think this is an incomplete pinout?

10. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

Older than AGP.
    Older than PCI.

I'd guess ISA cards might have them...

All the ones in my basement don't. Which pisses me off, because I have a board with an ISA card that I would like to use for a project like this.

EDIT:

DAENRIS:

I'd just fsck around with it until you get it to work. It's not high-voltage stuff, so you could probably mix and match until you get a workign signal. Maybe.

11. jonezy

jonezy What's a Dremel?

Hi.

I have panel from IBM ThinkPad 600 too, p/n: PR600.
    http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shpim10245so.jpg
    http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shpim10262xc.jpg
    http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shpim10283ql.jpg
    http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shpim10293wj.jpg

I can't find proper datasheet for panel.

Last edited: 27 Jul 2005
  12. brandium

brandium What's a Dremel?

So, figure i'll add my question to the mix. I've got a 1600x1200 LCD panel from an alienware laptop, and im trying to figure out whether it is possible to use. There's a review of almost the same laptop model at AnandTech, with pics of the mobo and descriptions of pretty much every chip on it. The LCD connector is the narrow thing just to the right of the top memory slot, in the picture of the non CPU side. All the chips around there are accounted for, and none of them are video interface chips, so I have to assume whatever the LCD is getting comes more or less right off the GPU. Which brings up my actual question, does anybody know anything about the mobility radeon 9000? did they add any kind of lcd controller to it, or is my LCD getting DVI/VGA right off the GPU? Ive read through the thread, and I can't see how this LCD could have a wierd interface, the GPU would have to support it, which would involve producing separate dies for each interface, or building them all on to one die, neither of which seems likely. I took a peek at the stuff on the panel itself, and it looks like there is a controller on there. (pic) The writing on it is 07K6702 SN104299GHK 29A34HJ, and only the middle sequence comes up with anything on google, and the only result is a memo about some kind of manufacturing change at Ti, and the products that will be affected. There are 19 wires going to it, 3 of which are a separate color, and of those at least two look like ground wires. The other 8 pairs I have no clue about. If you don't count the shield pins, or the hot plug detect pin, you could match dual link DVI up with that number of pins - does 1600x1200 require dual link? Above a certain refresh rate maybe? I'm pretty good with a soldering iron, so the small wires are no problem, (check this out) I just can't find anything on these chips to guess what signals the wires would be carrying. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

13. XDude

XDude What's a Dremel?

Got a Sanyo 12" LCD Color model LM-JK53-22NTR from an old HP Omnibook 2100.

Any one have the datasheet?

Thanks

14. WhatIsaPWM

WhatIsaPWM What's a Dremel?

Does anyone have the pinout for a Latitude LM (M166ST) LCD panel?

Or perhaps know how I might go about contacting the manufacturer for a data sheet?

If I can't get this pinout in another week, I'm gonna flip my search around, and begin looking for as screen to match the pinouts I do have. If anyone has another source of pinouts for any panels, that aren't already linked in the forum earlier, please share the wealth of knowledge.

15. pr0xZen

pr0xZen What's a Dremel?

Mostly requests for data sheets here. This thread is quite a long and old one - did any of you guys / girls get this working? I'd like to have a go at it, but first off I'd like to find out if anyone but the author, actually made it...?

16. Starman97

Starman97 What's a Dremel?

Do a google search on LVDS and LCD, or RSDS and LCD
    Those are standardized interfaces for recent LCD panels.

DVI is an external interface, it's usually turned into LVDS or RSDS
    at the panel. National Semi and Texas Instruments make chips
    to interface to LCDs, the signals and timing are described in the
    Application Notes for those chips.

17. Jerm

Jerm What's a Dremel?

Link Database

*bump*

Seeing as this seems to be a popular topic and provides an optimistic step toward conencting a laptop LCD to a desktop,I went through the thread and collected all the working, relevant links. But above all, :read:

List of Links Thus Far:

Original page (dutch)
    http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/799377/
    basic translation:
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=539849&postcount=10

Go to page 3 of this thread for a multi-part, complete translation of the Dutch thread; and middle of page 4 for a follow-up on Inverter boards

Transators:
    http://www.worldlingo.com/
    http://www.systranbox.com/

Linked bit-Tech threads:
    ZapWizard's Attempt
    PsychoI3oy's Hitachi TX34D65VC1cAA Project

VESA Connector Pinout:
    http://www.hardwarebook.net/connector/av/vesafeature.html

LCD Screen Spec pages:
    groups of Specs:
    http://www.rtdusa.com/appnote/106_lcd.htm
    http://support.advantech.com.tw/Cse...1a799c?OpenView&Start=1&Count=1000&ExpandView

Individual Specs:
    Citizen G6486H-FF
    Sharp LQ9D03B
    IBM 85G0500(F8515) Pinout
    Sanyo TM121SV-02L01 Pinout
    ALPS LFH8P4032B
    GameBoy Pocket

General information:
    EarthLCD
    EIO
    Plasma Screens
    VESA Limitations
    More VESA info
    Various pinouts for external interfaces
    Vivisimo Search engine

Pictures:
    Citizen G6486H-FF Front
    Citizen G6486H-FF Back
    Sharp LM80C219, Samsung LT133X4-122, Sharp LM64C15P
    IBM PR600 (1)
    IBM PR600 (2)
    IBM PR600 (3)
    IBM PR600 (4)
    general pics of the product
    More Finished Pics

18. -Blunt-

-Blunt- What's a Dremel?

Hi I've got a Unipac UB133X01 Lcd from a Toshiba laptop and an old vga with VESA. I've found a pin outlay of the lcd here,

http://www.evisiondisplays.com/ub133x01_P.html

I don't know alot about all this but have read all 10 pages. I got the screen and card for free so I don't really care about F'ing it up!

19. mbates14

mbates14 What's a Dremel?

I got a crapload of NEC versa 486/50 with a shocking TFT display. (at least for the era).

They have NL 6448 AC30-10

which is equivalent to NL 6448 AC30-03

And the VCC is 5V, VDD is 19v just so you know.

Im gonna play wiht it, and see what I can get going. 16bit display, 4 bits per color.

i got a laptop power adapter that puts out 19v, and matter of fact, those versas pulled the power to the LCD directly from the power adapter, I noticed this when I decreased the voltage from the power adapter, the VDD = input voltage.

display starts to loose contrast when I do that though, before the machine quits out.

Last edited: 17 Dec 2005
  20. mbates14

mbates14 What's a Dremel?

Another one i need to find data on, is a Dell lattitude 486 DSTN display, made by sharp.

LM64C15P, so I am probably gonna use this to poll winamp data, and a spec analyzer. See if that works.

BTW, I got an older Voodoo 2 or something of the like, since im already an electronics engineere, I might be able to tap into the lines not from the VFC, but the lines that directly come from the DSP to the dac, and get my 32-bit output and should be able to obtain full color. Maybe.