1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Laptop Screen

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ErictheHank, 23 Jul 2004.

1. ErictheHank

ErictheHank What's a Dremel?

I have access to the screen from a Dell Latitude CPX. It's a 14.1 inch screen so I am thinking that it would look quite nice mounted in a computer. Problem is I can't find any schematics or white papers or anything on it. The dell part number is 5264P and the IBM part number is 47L7400. Anybody have any clue how to go about figuring out the pinout of this thing. Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance.

ErictheHank

2. livelife46290

livelife46290 What's a Dremel?

Before everyone else reems you out for this, :search: :search: :search: if you dont care to do that. No its not possible, you need a controller which are expensive, almost as much as just going and buying a new lcd! Just thought i would warn you that im not the only one gonna say this to you, it gets asked often and everyone always gets angry!

3. ErictheHank

ErictheHank What's a Dremel?

My apologies, I did search but I guess I wasn't specific enough with my search terms since nothing in the first 5 pages of results seemed at all relevant. Thanks for the reply.

edit: changed my search terms and the faq showed up as the 3rd result. My apologies again. Please feel free to lock this thread if appropriate.

Last edited: 23 Jul 2004
  4. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

Don't give up hope!
    Someone good with FPGA/CPLD design can make a cheap controller.
    And controller boards can sometimes be scored for cheap.
    And remember, you can always pull the controller out of the laptop (good luck actually using it, though)!