1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Laptop troubleshooting tutorials?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kongen, 6 Jan 2006.

1. kongen

kongen What's a Dremel?

Yesterday someone gave me a Toshiba Sat Pro 6000 for free after doing some computer work for them. The laptop lcd doesnt work but the rest of the laptop is fully functional. Before I drop 350 dollars to replace the full lcd piece to find out it was a smaller part of the laptop that was broken... Does anyone know of some good troubleshooting guides for laptop repairs.

So far I do know the VGA adapter on the back works if that helps me rule out some of the other options. Any help is appreciated and I have been doing google searches like mad to try and find a helpful site for fixing the laptop. Nothing so far any links are appreciated as well as any other help with this laptop. Thanks in advance.

2. Glider

Glider /dev/null

I had a friend who had a broken backlight on his laptop... Don't know the exact brand, but we opened the screen by removing all the screws in it (there are some nasty ones behind rubber gommets...)

But I'm not that expirienced with laptops...