1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Laser Printers can be harmful

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 3 Aug 2007.

1. walle

walle Minimodder

Most people tend to think that using mobile phones are harmless too; having a 2 minute conversation in a mobile phone results in our brain waves getting disturbed for about 2 weeks....

...and on that note; How often, and for how long do you use your mobile phone? Do the maths, I take it your findings will be somewhat of a chocker.

Using a mobile phone hasn’t killed you either I presume? So don’t go making the assumption that a scanner wouldn’t be harmless on the basis of you being alive....

...and on that note; perhaps it's about time we start keeping an open mind to the accurate information, rather then always soaking up the misinformation?, the noise so to speak? just a thought, thats all.

Fact: the world would also be such a better and safer place if we extended, held on, and executed that thought! make of that statment as you please.

Last edited: 4 Aug 2007
  2. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

Things dont emit "ozone" .....
    Thats bit-tech putting the image there, like 1/4 of the news article pictures dont really relate that well

3. Darkangel

Darkangel What's a Dremel?

How long was asbestos around before they banned it in the 80s because they found it caused cancer? Although like someone above said.. mobiles are still going strong, I work next to a mast etc. Not worth losing sleep over tbh.

4. walle

walle Minimodder

...removed

Last edited: 6 Aug 2007
  5. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

Disturbed in what way? Is it actually harmful? Is there even a single confirmed case of a significant health problem being caused by mobile phone use?

Methinks you need to practice what you preach about misinformation.

6. walle

walle Minimodder

Mobile Phones disturb our brain waves frequency, with their frequency. (Causes people do get tired, causes headaches, disturbs our concentration [not referring to when driving] to name three)

What do you think? I happen to believe so, and many with me. If you only view scientifically findings as valid, seek and you shall find.

Those provided to the public, or those not provided to the public? And no, I’m not being a conspiracy theorist here. Cancer is believed to be related to mobile phone use, to name one. Parents are now (over here in Sweden) actually recommended, not to allow their young children to use mobile phones. I view it as a sign of accurate information finally is getting thru all the noise of misinformation.

A very interesting reply and approach by your part. A few questions though, Do you think that those Australian scientists work and findings will A: be noticed and financed more? B: disappear in the noise of misinformation? C: do you view it as misinformation?

cheers.

7. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

Cant say Ive ever heard those complaints

Well as its still unproven, why take the risk ? but do the swedish government say not to use wireless AP's ? there were theories they are as bad as mobile phones

8. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I'd say don't let kids use mobiles because it's better for them to learn how to deal with someone face to face and use proper english.

9. walle

walle Minimodder

Your point is most certainly as accurate as your observation, but; couldn’t it be because both patients and doctors haven’t received the information, not knowing that mobile phone radiation is harmful; as a consequence the doctors don’t include it into their equation either, since they in turn…... If you think about this, how many of us are using mobile phones on a daily basis, for how many years have we used them, and so on. Wouldn’t it be safe to say then, that we don’t know how we would feel without being subjected to this mobile phone radiation? What I meant by that statement (or point) is that there are different degrees of harmful, and what causes headaches, loss of concentration and tiredness also can occur without being subjected to the radiation, which most likely also makes it more difficult for those scientists (that has proven that its harmful) to get to voice their opinion After all, we all experience these problems from time to time eh, so why should we listen to you telling us that its harmful, just shut them up and its over with approach, everyone have headaches and down the road it goes. But people are experiencing these problems (symptoms) much more often today and it’s a concern.

I find this topic as interesting as I find its core disturbing, unfortunately though, I’m hard pressed on time, my work load and its schedule is immense, I will therefore have to get back to the second part of your post as soon as I can, I would very much like to give you my take (view) on it.

Cheers.

Edit:

Quoted for truth (if not so quoted for my philosophical view) oh mate, lets not forget to include the Swedish minors too as well as all others.:thumb:

Last edited: 7 Aug 2007
  10. mk-donald

mk-donald bits and bobs

I thought the health risk from laser printers/photocopiers from OZONE emissions had been recognised for years and idea of not having them exhausting near to you was well known ? I went laser to ink-jet about 5 years back, though that was a financial choice as won an all-in-one inkjet.

Tags: Add Tags